Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,238,265 times

Advertisements

nike knew exactly what they were doing when they located that store 10 minutes from my house haha..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 02:35 PM

946 posts, read 776,777 times
Probably a gas station and burger king combo.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:27 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,338,795 times
That area is under Daniel Construction zoning standards.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:47 AM

85 posts, read 122,445 times
To attract any business, development, jobs in this region, the important factor becomes security and safety. This area needs few improvement so that development is not get affected. Once the people feel free to move any time on the streets, the more easy it will become to attract any business proposal.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:02 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradelyjacc View Post
To attract any business, development, jobs in this region, the important factor becomes security and safety. This area needs few improvement so that development is not get affected. Once the people feel free to move any time on the streets, the more easy it will become to attract any business proposal.
I've never felt unsafe or afraid to walk around there so I don't get how you can draw this conclusion. Daniel corp knows what they are doing and when the time and overall economic factors are right they will move forward with the next stage of development. The whole area is a planned development and will get a new school and hundreds of new homes. By extensuon of that the Grand River shopping center will get expanded as well.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:35 PM

Slow and steady wins the race for...49th place.
I hope the pace picks up considerably in the next five years and the area shows much better gains in time for the next big census as the majority of the residential projects come online and city neighborhoods become even more popular.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...opulation.html

Quote:
Birmingham used the tortoise as its role model, inching forward by 17,600 persons during the half-decade. Its not-so-brisk pace was good enough to retain 49th place while Buffalo slipped behind.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:15 PM

401 posts, read 536,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Slow and steady wins the race for...49th place.
I hope the pace picks up considerably in the next five years and the area shows much better gains in time for the next big census as the majority of the residential projects come online and city neighborhoods become even more popular.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n...opulation.html
You mean we have more population than one NFL metro and are within striking distance of several others with pro teams? Nah, no way we could support a pro franchise. Just impossible.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:34 PM

522 posts, read 847,689 times
Slow and steady isn't bad, but I hope that we can get some good, new jobs to further drive population growth pretty soon. I am excited for Oxford Pharmaceuticals to be coming to the region. Historically Walker and Bibb have been the declining counties longest, but if we can get healthy growth out of each county, we will see significant growth in the metro area. Each county does offer some different, so why not.

St. Clair may be the next Shelby, but Blount doesn't want to be either. Bibb will get more soon from Jeffco and Tuscaloosa County growth. Walker will be more logistics. Chilton will just get it's share from Montgomery and Birmingham. Cullman will continue to hold its own, as well as, growth from Huntsville and Birmingham.

Old 03-25-2016, 01:21 PM

Yes I think we will continue to add at least that much in suburban metro growth. I just hope that Jefferson will match that amount with increased city growth and inner suburb growth.

Walker co will benefit from 22 development.
St. Clair was about to build a plethora of homes before the recession hit and has the benefit if increased activity out on 59 and 20 plus work on that billion dollar shopping center is underway...i think...they were at least clearing land the last time I rode by it.

Blount and Chilton will just sit by and watch. Bibb and Coosa just don't have the interstate connections to be a big factor.

North Jefferson should be interesting because I think Fieldstown rd will be a big deal for Gardendale and it will may try to duel with Fultondale over retail and commercial dominance here soon. And I read Gardendale is going to build homes nearby as well. And of course the 22/65 interchange. Talladega will grow as Honda and supporting industry grows but I think most of those workers will choose to live closer to town and commute giving St.Clair and Jefferson the advantage.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:00 PM

508 posts, read 617,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yes I think we will continue to add at least that much in suburban metro growth. I just hope that Jefferson will match that amount with increased city growth and inner suburb growth.

Walker co will benefit from 22 development.
St. Clair was about to build a plethora of homes before the recession hit and has the benefit if increased activity out on 59 and 20 plus work on that billion dollar shopping center is underway...i think...they were at least clearing land the last time I rode by it.

Blount and Chilton will just sit by and watch. Bibb and Coosa just don't have the interstate connections to be a big factor.

North Jefferson should be interesting because I think Fieldstown rd will be a big deal for Gardendale and it will may try to duel with Fultondale over retail and commercial dominance here soon. And I read Gardendale is going to build homes nearby as well. And of course the 22/65 interchange. Talladega will grow as Honda and supporting industry grows but I think most of those workers will choose to live closer to town and commute giving St.Clair and Jefferson the advantage.
Do you have the link for the billion dollar shopping center? I'm curious to read about it, etc.

*Nevermind, I think you were referring to the one in Odenville, right? Okay, I'm clueless.*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area