Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > KatieGal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

My Experience At OKCupid

Posted 09-15-2012 at 05:11 PM by KatieGal
Updated 09-15-2012 at 05:25 PM by KatieGal

Up until about thirty minutes ago I had an OKCupid account. I had it for about four months. OKCupid is probably the best known free dating website. I never met a guy who sent me a message at OKCupid. I did talk to two of them via phone. Neither was exactly to my liking, so I passed on both. When it comes to meeting strange guys, I’m pretty picky. In fact, "pretty leery" might be a more accurate term.

I decided to close my account because I have been in a relationship...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

One of My Heroes

Posted 09-10-2012 at 05:31 PM by KatieGal

Tomorrow is 9/11, and through all the horror and tragedy that took place eleven years ago, there rose many heroes. Of course as we go through life we learn that not all heroes risk their lives to save others. There are people whose heroic acts are more modest and at times even overlooked.

I live in Yuma and sometimes when I’m bored I’ll put on my hiking boots and drive over to Kofa Wildlife Refuge for a short hike. It’s therapeutic because when I’m out there meandering I generally
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Finding A Dime, And The Resulting Thoughts

Posted 09-06-2012 at 02:52 PM by KatieGal
Updated 09-06-2012 at 03:24 PM by KatieGal

I found a dime earlier today in a parking lot. The dime was scratched and scuffed up. It had been out there a while. Since it was still worth ten cents, I tucked it into my pocket.

When I was a little girl, walking down the street, I would gleefully pick up a penny that someone had unknowingly dropped onto the sidewalk. I remember finding a nickel on the blacktop of my elementary school playground. I was about 10 years old and the find was significant enough that over fifteen...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

My High School Reunion

Posted 09-01-2012 at 01:26 PM by KatieGal
Updated 09-01-2012 at 04:20 PM by KatieGal

Well, I’ve got to talk about my high school class reunion for a couple of different reasons. So here it goes…

Last weekend I drove up to Phoenix to attend my high school class's 10 year reunion. I live in Yuma, so it took a little bit of effort to get there. I asked my beau, Steve, to go, but he opted out despite my insisting. He is a good bit older than I am and I’m sure that had something to do with it. He was probably afraid that he would feel uncomfortable and out of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A New Experience For Steve

Posted 08-18-2012 at 08:55 AM by KatieGal

My last few blog entries have been about my love life, which includes a man named Steve. As I have said in other blog entries, Steve is much older than me, but there are still things I can show him that he has never seen. One example came Thursday evening, and no matter what you might be anticipating concerning that last sentence, I’ll bet you are wrong.

Steve was outside changing my car’s oil, and replacing some kind of filter while I was inside watching TV with disinterest....
Posted in Uncategorized