Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > coosjoaquin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Gliding

Posted 01-24-2009 at 06:01 PM by coosjoaquin

I've been gliding for a while now but yesterday was particularly fun.

It started as a routine excersice. Take off, practise getting out of a few stalls, do the circuit and then practise using the brakes to land.

At around 1000 feet, I practised how to recover from a half-spin. First the instructor showed me and then I got to try. He got the glider into a stall and when we entered the spin, I quickly recovered. How do I describe the way I felt at the time? Well,...
I like jesus but he loves me so it's awkward
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Birthday

Posted 10-19-2008 at 09:23 AM by coosjoaquin

Had my 19th birthday yesterday and it was fun

It's so nice to go back from uni and meet up with my family and friends for a day centered around me! The only problem was that I am on a course of anti-biotics and therefore can't drink .

Anyways, I with everyone else with birthdays coming up a good time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More uni stuff

Posted 10-08-2008 at 04:18 PM by coosjoaquin

It's been a few weeks since I've started uni and I feel like I'm finally finding some equilibrium in my life.

So far I have the following lectures:

-Calculus: It's ok but rather basic. So far we are just reviewing what we learned many many years ago which is rather tedious but It is calculus after all so I'm sure it'll pick up and eventually get complicated enough to melt your brain.

-Real analysis: Well it's what the name says. It sounds like a down to earth...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Uni

Posted 09-25-2008 at 01:00 AM by coosjoaquin

Ok I'll make this really quick because I'm short on time:
-Started uni and it's the shizzle!!
-Met lot's of new people from everywhere around the globe
-Sharing a nice floor with 14 other ppl(ppl are also nice)
-Joined a whole bunch of societies including gliding, scuba diving, heavy metal and philosophy
-Got involved in a car crash(I wasn't driving). No one got hurt(Except the car)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blast from the past

Posted 09-17-2008 at 02:49 AM by coosjoaquin

My brother and I went to virtual game the other day which is the British equivalent to a less fancy EBgames. It's awesome because they usually trade really old stuff and import games from America.

One day we were there talking with the staff and they happen to mention that they happen to have an old machine out in the back. We asked to see it and wow! I immediately recognized it as a Sinclair ZX spectrum and spectrum +2. The guys there were desperate to give them away and we were more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled60.jpg (58.7 KB, 84 views)
Posted in Uncategorized