Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > txtqueen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Budget

Kibs can we meet up for lunch sometime and talk?
  2. Old Comment

Budget

I wouldn't count on having so much "fun money" until you have a built up a decent savings. And I don't mean saving for camping equipment. I mean savings you never touch unless you lose our job, or have a major medical expense, or some other NECESSARY but unexpected expense.

According to your budget, your expenses are more or less $1600/month. You should have a minimum of 6 months of expenses in savings, so that's $9600 you should have in the bank at all times, only to be touched in an emergency. And that's for you, and only you, not shared with TG.
  3. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Who said anything about my sex life and why do you think I need help with it????
  4. Old Comment
  5. Old Comment

Marriage and Children

I'm doing fine and I'm much happier than I was before.
  6. Old Comment

Budget

We know how to shop and it's just for two people.
    And kibs it's split between all of us.
  7. Old Comment

Budget

How can rent, utilities, cable, and internet be that little?
  8. Old Comment

Marriage and Children

Super cheap? Camping is free. Pitch a 20$ tent under the stars

Yes, I saved money and I save money all the time. I only pay for things in cash. However, if I had debt, I sure as heck wasn't putting ANY money, not one red cent, toward something that was a NECESSITY! Debt gets paid first. If I was renting a room in someone else's home (which I never did), I sure wouldn't be putting any money towards a "fun" account and be worried about buying camping gear. I would be putting every red cent I had after bills, groceries and gas towards getting my own place.

Must be nice to not worry about your debt and still have "fun". We are really here trying to help you (why do you post on a parenting board anyway if you aren't posting about having children issues or having parental issues anyway) and yet you have no desire to LISTEN to anyone who tries to give you solid, sound advice. You want to continue to live in this fantasy world instead of living in the now and dealing with issues you are facing NOW
  9. Old Comment

Revenge is a dish best served cold by a biatch name Karma.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Comment
    I have sage, blessed by a Sioux medicine man actually. It is one of my most treasured items so I am very hesitant to use it though. Maybe it will work some by just waving it unlit
    That's very cool.

I don't think we're needing to smudge the walls just yet.
  10. Old Comment

Amazing news!

My gosh. It's bad enough we have to help you with your budget but your sex life too?

OK. Serious advice:

Ditch the parents and the niece and keep the pup tent.

Really? You are 22 and he is 26 and you go camping with Mom and Dad and the niece?

No wonder you need $700 a month for "fun".
  11. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    If I took out a loan it'd be a 5 year and NOT $500 a month.
    You DID take out a loan. And if you consider a 5 yr payback...then fine. But it's already been 2 years. and you haven't paid back anything. So that leaves you 3 yrs + catchup.
  12. Old Comment

Budget

Is that grocery budget realistic? That's $25 per week per person for all food and toiletries. It seems really low. I'd suggest doubling it. I agree with NE about the excessive "fun money fund". I'd cut that back, even if it was at $400 per month you would still have plenty and you could pay off your car sooner. Eliminating debt ultimately will save you more money.

Good luck with everything.
  13. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by txtqueen View Comment
    He FITS in it but its not big enough for the both of us. His parents are in one tent, his and his niece in another and then us in one. They all have bigger tents, we slept in the pup tent and we both were crammed in there.

And yes he is cool with paying my grandmother back.
    As long as it doesn't interfere with your "fun" money. Frankly, I'm disgusted.

the "I bought a Kia not a Benz" matters not. You owe $17K which you haven't paid on in 2 years. I don't care what kind of car it is. You pay your grandmother back. That's what you do. I don't care if you have to sleep on the floor for 3 years.

All you seem to care about is sucking your grandmother/trust fund dry. Then what? No education and a pile of debt. SMH
  14. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Comment
    Questions:

Does this dude think Grandma should be paid back?

Or is he cool with being chauffeured around town by his girlfriend in a KIA an old woman paid for?

Does he want to pay Grandma back or does he want to buy the sweet new camping equipment because he's so tall that he can't fit in a regular tent. (Which is BS by the way. My husband, and sons, are taller and they sleep in a regular pup tent all the time on long distance horse rides.)

He FITS in it but its not big enough for the both of us. His parents are in one tent, his and his niece in another and then us in one. They all have bigger tents, we slept in the pup tent and we both were crammed in there.

And yes he is cool with paying my grandmother back.
  15. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Questions:

Does this dude think Grandma should be paid back?

Or is he cool with being chauffeured around town by his girlfriend in a KIA an old woman paid for?

Does he want to pay Grandma back or does he want to buy the sweet new camping equipment because he's so tall that he can't fit in a regular tent. (Which is BS by the way. My husband, and sons, are taller and they sleep in a regular pup tent all the time on long distance horse rides.)
  16. Old Comment

Budget

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Comment
    726$ a month for FUN? That isn't a good budget, that is a ****ty one.

First off, you and TG are NOT married so just because you live together, quit looking at your bills as a shared responsibility. The ONLY two that should be shared are the rent and the car- he NEEDS to start helping you pay for that car

It doesn't matter if your GRANDMOTHER paid for the car in full the day it came off the lot. It wasn't paid for in full by YOU! It isn't YOUR car, not until you pay back every last penny. I hope she is charging you interest.

If you can stash away 726$ a month for "fun" money, you need to put more of that to your grandmother. NOONE puts away 24% of their monthly income to "fun" if they still have outstanding debt! *shakes head* How can you not see where you are making the same mistakes, over and over again. You will NEVER get ahead at this pace
    I'll get plenty ahead.
  17. Old Comment

Budget

726$ a month for FUN? That isn't a good budget, that is a ****ty one.

First off, you and TG are NOT married so just because you live together, quit looking at your bills as a shared responsibility. The ONLY two that should be shared are the rent and the car- he NEEDS to start helping you pay for that car

It doesn't matter if your GRANDMOTHER paid for the car in full the day it came off the lot. It wasn't paid for in full by YOU! It isn't YOUR car, not until you pay back every last penny. I hope she is charging you interest.

If you can stash away 726$ a month for "fun" money, you need to put more of that to your grandmother. NOONE puts away 24% of their monthly income to "fun" if they still have outstanding debt! *shakes head* How can you not see where you are making the same mistakes, over and over again. You will NEVER get ahead at this pace
  18. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciesmom View Comment
    I would wait YEARS to purchase a bed if I needed to yes.

You seem to think there is no inbetween sending her $100/month or $1200/month. The $100 frankly gives me the impression you're not serious about repaying. Ever. You're waiting until she dies and you won't have to repay her ever. Or your trust fund or whatever. Yes. That's horrible but that's what it appears. With the fact that you've paid nothing for 2 years and now you have been all over the place bragging about all the money you'll be rolling in, there is no reason to not pay at least $500/month. None.
    Read the budget blog.
    If I took out a loan it'd be a 5 year and NOT $500 a month.
    I bought a Kia not a Benz $300 is ok for now.
  19. Old Comment

Amazing news!

I would wait YEARS to purchase a bed if I needed to yes.

You seem to think there is no inbetween sending her $100/month or $1200/month. The $100 frankly gives me the impression you're not serious about repaying. Ever. You're waiting until she dies and you won't have to repay her ever. Or your trust fund or whatever. Yes. That's horrible but that's what it appears. With the fact that you've paid nothing for 2 years and now you have been all over the place bragging about all the money you'll be rolling in, there is no reason to not pay at least $500/month. None.
  20. Old Comment

Amazing news!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maciesmom View Comment
    Isn't he also using your car? Or at least benefitting from your car? You don't have any trouble helping to support him; why shouldn't the reverse be true?

Put your mattress on the floor or find something cheap on CraigsList. You might also look for used camping equipment. Paying your grandmother back for the car should be your first priority though. 1-200/month isn't but a drop in the bucket on that level of debt. You ought to be figuring out how much you owe then dividing it up over 3 years or so and figuring out the payment. And yes, the rest of us DO put off other things we might want, to pay off debt first. Did you not think that's how life went? I don't understand that. Yes. We all put things off that we cannot afford because paying our current debtload is an obligation. You need to make up for the fact that you have a 2yr old car you've never made payments on. What is going to happen when that car needs to be replaced and you are still paying (or not as the case may be) on it? Then what? You now owe $17K on a car that probably isn't worth $12K. How does that make sense to you?

And even if you are renting from a relative, it's not your house unless your name is on the mortgage/lease.

And where did $17K come from? I thought the car had to be under $15. You've "borrowed" more?
    We have box springs we got for free. We need SHEETS. Yes those are essential, the dog ate part of the fitted sheet his parents gave us and the sheet my mom gave me doesn't fit all the way and keeps coming off. Sheets are necessary for a bed, we're not getting anything expensive, just something that FITS.

You'd wait YEARS to go on a weekend camping trip because you had a car payment?
    You'd wait YEARS to buy a cheap tent because you had a car payment?

The car is paid off, my grandmother is not. If it needs to be replaced we'll deal with it then.