Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Going to church, reading the bible, listening to Christian music will not advance your spiritual life. These activities may give you more understanding but until you are ready to lay down your life and take up your cross this leads nowhere.

What I am talking about is the sacrifice of self to advance the cause of Jesus Christ in the world. There is a destiny that God had for each of us that only we can personally discover. We can discover it only by detaching from the world and making ourselves available for the Holy Spirit. By detaching from the world--now you have time--the commodity that most Christians are not willing to give.

Jesus said, "Self-help is not help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, to finding yourself, your true self. (Matthew 16:25)

"God has planted eternity in the human heart." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62)

"The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me." (Acts 20:24)

"We have been sent to speak for Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Christianity For those that believe in Jesus Christ.
Old

Being The Blessing

Posted 10-12-2023 at 01:46 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

O that God would stir our hearts with passion; that we would encounter Him with such abandon, that we could all say: "God, I'm as hungry for You today as I was at any other time in my life!"

Psalms 42:1-2, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?

Revelation 2:4, 5a" --"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left
Posted in Christianity
Old

October 12, 2023 – Exhortation

Posted 10-11-2023 at 10:45 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Just as Jeremiah was given the ability to "see" his new season (see Jeremiah 1:4-12), you are a present-day Jeremiah – having your eyes opened to understand and know all that God has formed for you (your Christ calling and destiny) has been preserved. No enemy will be able to steal your future unless you let him! The devil cannot take away what God has promised you unless you allow him entrance.

It is your season to be as Jeremiah and allow God to touch your mouth so that...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Empowered In Ministry

Posted 10-11-2023 at 05:29 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

The early Church did something that few do today or even know about—they ministered to the Lord.

Salvation is more than a legal exchange affecting our position before God. Salvation also includes the exchange of deep loving affections and adoration. God first communicates His enjoyment, longing and affections for us and, in turn, we respond in a similar way.

If you want to hear from God you must sit at His feet. To effectively minister to others you must first minister...
Posted in Christianity
Old

October 11, 2023 - Exhortation

Posted 10-10-2023 at 10:24 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

"I am doing a new thing, do you see it? I am doing something brand new, something unheard of. Even now it sprouts and grows and matures. Do you see it." - Isaiah 43:19?

"I will pour refreshing water on the thirsty and streams on the dry ground. I will pour out My Spirit ..."Isaiah 44:3

Not only are you in a NEW ERA, where God is doing a NEW THING, but YOU ARE the new thing! Your greatest season of impact is NOW. The fresh touch of the Spirit upon...
Posted in Christianity
Old

Kingdom Builders

Posted 10-10-2023 at 02:47 PM by Albert Finch (How Do I Advance My Spiritual Life?)

Philippians 3:17 - "Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the PATTERN we gave you."

Apostle Paul taught the Church in Philippi that they were to live "according to the pattern" they had seen modeled in himself and his team (Philippians 3:17). Pattern makers are visionary leaders who model and exemplify a lifestyle of Kingdom advancement with Christ so that others are enabled and equipped into their Christ...
Posted in Christianity