Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 PM

13 posts, read 49,779 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help advise me on safer neighborhoods for apt renting? Plan to visit in a couple of weeks no family or friends in Boise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 PM

Smile Relocating from Reno to Boise soon for RN job looking for advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbaRNDNR View Post
Can anyone help advise me on safer neighborhoods for apt renting? Plan to visit in a couple of weeks no family or friends in Boise
Im adding to my original post don't know how to officially do this- I'm not tryng to reply to myself eventhough that's what it looks like!

I'm hoping someone is out there who can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for an apt that is pet friendly in a safe area for a single female. I love the outdoors work as an RN reno now tops the country for highest unemployment beating out MI. I never thought it would also impact the nursing profession but it has. So now it's a new venture however I don't have friends in ID yet and family lives in CA. Any advice out there?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 PM

8,500 posts, read 8,794,511 times
There are very few specific comments on apartments in the forum and they are pretty brief.

These tools have way more reviews.

Boise Apartments for Rent - Boise Apartments Reviews and Ratings
Boise Apartments for Rent - Apartment Ratings and Reviews for Cobblestone Court-Highland Springs Apartments-Liberty Lake at ApartmentReviews.net

There are some opinions that have been shared here and elsewhere that suggests you might want to either stay out of at least parts of Garden City or look closely.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM

863 posts, read 2,993,382 times
Overall the entire Greater Boise area is quite safe. There's really no part of Boise that I'd be too afraid to walk in after dark if I had to. Garden City has both low rent and some really nice newer homes. But that's most of Boise. Each part of the area, West, No End, SE Boise (where we live) bench, downtown, near parks, Boise State all have something good to offer. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Since you like the outdoors, something close to the green belt might be appealing. Most appts. adjacent to it are in nicer areas.

Like most of the country, we are struggling with high unemployment. Boisefan88's recommendation to have a job first is a very good one. Boise is a tough job market even in good times.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Thanks, I wouldn't move without a job but reno now tops mich as having the highest unemployment rate in the country this week and it has hit the nursing profession where I've been an RN 19yrs the pay at the Boise hospital is not so great but the outdoor actvities and weather seems similar to reno/tahoe. I'm nervous cause I don't have any Boise contacts etc want to feel safer find an apt then maybe a house down the road
thanks a bunch!

Last edited by kimbaRNDNR; 06-27-2010 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Misspelled words

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 PM

805 posts, read 2,001,481 times
i agree that reno and boise seem very similar....but i miss tahoe all too much seriously i doubt anything in the continental US can compare (at least for winter sports that is)

I know of 2 people who were both RN's and moved from so California and found jobs fairly easily, hopefully you have the same type of luck!
I would also suggest looking to moving close to the greenbelt. When i moved i had to get a place sight unseen for various reasons, i did have a friend looking at them for me to advise me on the area and condition of them, but its just not the same. if i could do it again i'd def live as close to the hills and green belt as possible.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:00 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
This is easy folks.

It went from a thread providing INFORMATION to an off topic argument between a few people who won't be moved from their position if Tahoe or Idaho is better. It's NOT USEFUL INFORMATION and is against the ToS. I will now be deleting your comments as they're not germane to the OP's question, and if you want to be constructive and ANSWER the topic (instead of delving into a tangential argument) you'll find a rather amazing lack of moderating going on...

Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,776 times
So is the rule here now that we can't respond to anyone's opinion because it may be construed as argumentative and off-topic?

Because that's the direction we seem to be headed.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Have something to contribute to the discussion or don't post. kimbaRNDNR would love to hear your opinions on safe housing in the area. How about helping out?

Old 07-02-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm the one asking for help finding a "safe" area to rent being that I may have to find a place sight unseen. I will visit 7/6 for my last interview and I've been trying to look online. I didn't post intending to cause upset feelings about reno/tahoe and Boise. There are great things about places we live and it's nearly certain I will relocate to Boise. It just not the same adventure when your 18th b day has long passed by, and you're relocating for work without any family or friends. I have typed in Boise in my sexual offender app and a huge cluster pops up in the garden city area so I don't think I want to rent there but I don't know where the "greenbelt" area is I will have a few hrs to drive around 7/6 & 7/7 before flying back to reno. Can anyone add any tips for me? KimbaRNDNR
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area