Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 AM

4 posts, read 25,541 times

Advertisements

Hi there
i play with the thought of moving to Boise.
what is it like to live there.
any info would help me.
thanks
peteman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2006, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 23,252 times
I've lived all over. Portland OR, Seattle WA, North Idaho, Eastern Idaho, big cities and little towns. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats Boise! Send me some questions and I'll fill you in. You will love it here!

Francis Harlow
[url]removed[/url]

Last edited by Marka; 04-04-2006 at 11:44 PM..

Old 05-06-2006, 09:00 PM

26 posts, read 167,396 times
How is the housing market?

What about Sandy Point Beach? Is it nice? My wife like beach but obviously does not require a lot... Living in Louisiana, we know beaches do not exist.

Is it a nice beach?

How is the IT market? I am currently interviewing for an IT position at Boise State U.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

82 posts, read 102,009 times
I am 48, single, parents dead, no family, work in a customer focused position. Wondering what the retail and high tech job markets are like in Boise and how hard it would be to find a girlfriend, social life and essentially start my life over at 48...

Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM

129 posts, read 371,606 times
We too have lived across the country, over 15 long distance moves. New York, California, Texas, Hawaii, South Carolina and now Boise, Idaho. We must say that life here is unbeatable all things considered. Yes, you can always find a better place for weather.....Yes, you can always find a better place for things to do.....etc. But all in all, Boise has everything that you could possibly want in a lifetime. Great medical care, great restaurants, great outdoor activities, great people...list goes on. We love it here!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 15,719 times
newarrior,
Retail is usually $8 to 10 hour with lot of jobs only part time. You are not female so probably would not get hired in retail anyway....sorry just way the job market is right now.

High tech you need a 4 year degree min. with 10 to 15 years experience and hope someone sees your resume. Lots of high tech laid off last couple years, so lots of competition and the high tech job market is gone to china and elsewhere.

The job market in idaho is $8 to 10 hour range and $19 to 28 hour. The middle is gone for most part when micron, hp, laid off thousands. The techicians are gone.

You should be be able to find great ladies in idaho. Downtown boise would be good spot. Will take time and have to shake a lot of hands, go to lots of different venus, etc.

You might want to look to start over in a growing vibrant city that has jobs in your skill area and companies are growing.
I did quick job growth search and found: top 10 states are texas, north carolina, tennesse, virginia, neveda, florida, georgia, colorado, utah, south carolina.
Lot of these states offer incentives to companies for creating high paid jobs. Most of these states are CURRENTLY growing and have been for last couple years.
Suggest picking states that are increasing the growth in certain markets, as opposed to just starting to enter or thinking about entering new markets or talking about entering new markets.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:49 AM

82 posts, read 102,009 times
Well said !

Old 08-21-2011, 10:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,031 times
What are the prospects of moving my painting/sheet rocking business to Boise from San Antonio? Is there much new construction happening?

Tired of 47 years of relentless heat (and a change of seasons each year would be nice). Ive a neighbor that lived in Pocatello years ago and he said Boise was great.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:10 AM

674 posts, read 1,459,337 times
Unfortunately construction was one of the industries built up during the real estate boom that came crashing down. Most construction workers here have moved away or work in other towns. My coworker's husband spent the last year doing projects in Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, and now Mountain Home.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 AM

4 posts, read 5,031 times
I see, so remodeling may be the better route then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area