Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times

Advertisements

This link is for the Ridge to Rivers trail system, it will give you an idea of where the trailheads are in relation to different neighborhoods. It's not exhaustive of every mtb option, but at least gives you an idea. Interactive Map - City of Boise

I'd think long and hard about moving to Meridian just to get more house for the money. There's several other trade-offs that off-set the cheaper mortgage; such as longer commute, HOAs, sketchy construction in many subs, and more gas $. It's also generic car-based suburban tract housing devoid of any character. That's just my opinion, some people love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 PM

719 posts, read 1,567,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I'd think long and hard about moving to Meridian just to get more house for the money. There's several other trade-offs that off-set the cheaper mortgage; such as longer commute, HOAs, sketchy construction in many subs, and more gas $. It's also generic car-based suburban tract housing devoid of any character. That's just my opinion, some people love it.
To be fair, most of Boise is also generic car-based suburban tract housing. Your other comments are true in some cases, but they'd be true in some cases in Boise too, so I'm not sure they mean much.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:31 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
To be fair, most of Boise is also generic car-based suburban tract housing. Your other comments are true in some cases, but they'd be true in some cases in Boise too, so I'm not sure they mean much.

True for some areas of Boise. The tract housing/suburban look is more in far western Boise but most of inner Boise; the historic districts, the foothills, Parckenter Blvd areas, the Bench between Federal Way and Cole which is a large area doesn't really fit the "mold" of the tract housing in Meridian. These areas of Boise I mentioned are for the most part built block by block and not exactly the same as the newer tract housing in west Boise and Meridian. I believe Meridian is not as bad as some people make it out to be because there are some very attractive housing areas out there and a lot of people do find them as great places to live and now their shopping opportunites are much better in Meridian then has ever been.

Many of those tract housing suburbs in Meridian have attractive landscaped entrances and streets and are more attractive then suburban tract housing I have seen in other cities burbs. I don't think it is accurate when some people describe these areas as having no character.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 11-06-2013 at 01:40 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaD View Post
Yes, much of Boise is the same. Syringaloid did a nice job summarizing the areas. As I said, it's just my opinion.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:52 AM

128 posts, read 327,498 times
Thanks for the info!

Old 11-11-2013, 06:44 PM

8 posts, read 9,861 times
Default Mtn bike trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP500 View Post
What area in Boise would be best if I want to be able to head for the MTB trails right out of my garage?

Say, no more than 1/2 mile away.

I'm thinking the North End area near Camels Back Park from looking at an aerial map.

I also keep reading about the North End area being a desirable area to live...why is that?
Ha found someone just like me, my criteria for buying a house had to be
1/4 mile away from dirt! Pm me and I'll give you all
My knowledge of trails and best places for buying a house near
Those locations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area