Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 PM

285 posts, read 850,457 times

Advertisements

The answer to that question is posts 33 - 37 on page 4 of this thread.

Bay Area traffic may be more congested, but it flows much much more smoothly than here. Boise driving is best described as erratic and dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM

239 posts, read 618,033 times
After moving here from California a few months ago, I can say the #1 thing I love about Boise is that everyone I have come across speaks ENGLISH!! Its amazing to me...I left California because I felt too crowded and I was most certainly the minority.

Personally I love Boise. I just hope it doesn't grow too much.

The only thing I miss about CA is the selection of fresh seafood. The people here are the best.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM

125 posts, read 331,732 times
There ought to be fresh s/f in Boise. It's not that far inland. Maybe there's just a lack of will to fly it in or catch it from the Snake River.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times
There is a place to buy fresh seafood downtown.

https://www.facebook.com/reelfoods

Reel Foods Hooks a New Location | Fish market finds prime reel estate on Capitol Boulevard | Food News | Boise Weekly

Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM

125 posts, read 331,732 times
Well, there you go. Smelts for everyone!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM

93 posts, read 271,249 times
Love the people, love the summers, the greenbelt, the small size of the city.
I dislike the creeping cancer of liberalism that destroyed CA and now has set its sight on Idaho which is a desirable red state. I dislike winters here, but i dislike winter everywhere except where it stays warm and doesnt rain all the time.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 PM

5 posts, read 12,699 times
The two biggest problems with the Boise area in regards to driving are, the drunk drivers on cell phones that continiously tailgate, and the inconsiderate people on bicycles who obviously think they are able to compete with a 9000lb chunk of steel! I'm going on rear ender number 4 from a cell user! Thank gawd for huge trailer hitches!!! Also, thankfully they were driving slow enough to not cause any injury. But it's almost become a game; I get rear ended, I get out and ask if they are okay, look at the smashed front end, wipe the trailer ball clean, and drive away! We really do need a law preventing one from talking on the phone while driving. The bike deal is just stupid! Every Saturday morning you will have some bikey challenge you going down Floating Feather. They will ride abreast, blocking the road. You beep, they flip you off! You best be on your toes, as well! Quite often they will dart out into the road to avoid running over a rock or a plastic bottle that a previous bikey had thrown on the road, not realizing that they went into your path! Hit the brakes hard; they look back at you like you did something wrong!
Other than that, Boise is way awesome!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by while parked View Post
Love the people, love the summers, the greenbelt, the small size of the city.
I dislike the creeping cancer of liberalism that destroyed CA and now has set its sight on Idaho which is a desirable red state. I dislike winters here, but i dislike winter everywhere except where it stays warm and doesnt rain all the time.
I think this is a huge stereotype. Most people moving to Idaho from California are conservative. Afterall, that is why they're moving to Idaho. Last time I checked Idaho is still in the top three for "most Republican" in the US. Boise has always been somewhat progressive. Has nothing to do with Californians.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

879 posts, read 2,858,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILI.EB View Post
The answer to that question is posts 33 - 37 on page 4 of this thread.

Bay Area traffic may be more congested, but it flows much much more smoothly than here. Boise driving is best described as erratic and dangerous.
Nobody believes me but I much rather take on the freeways and streets of LA than the roads of the Boise Metro. I can't even fully explain it.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
Nobody believes me but I much rather take on the freeways and streets of LA than the roads of the Boise Metro. I can't even fully explain it.
I believe you....I just think you've lost your marbles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area