Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:57 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,215,104 times

Advertisements

For those of you who want to see some video of the Boise-Metro area, there's a new TV show that was just filmed in Eagle, Idaho called The Baby Borrowers. It will be airing on NBC February 18 so check your listings.

I bring this up as you might be able to see video of the city of Eagle along with surrounding Boise and/or Meridian. No guarantees on this as I haven't seen the final cuts, but the idea came to mind as some forum members have asked for pictures or videos of the area and I'm hopeful that this show might give some glimpses here and there.

The shooting location was in the Shadow Ridge subdivision of Eagle, which is off of Hwy 55 heading toward McCall. Three of the condos used in the filming are currently active listings. One of the agents I work with or his builder has a connection with one of the executive producers of the show and that's why this particular location was chosen. It's a cul de sac of condos that are new construction and vacant so it worked perfectly for the setup of this reality series.

Check it out here:

The Baby Borrowers – NBC Official Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 PM

879 posts, read 2,860,483 times
In general most entertainment driven media usually gives an unfavorable view of Idaho. Hopefully, this won't be an embarassment.

On a sidenote my parents said they heard helicopters often during this production. So I assume that means aerial shots. So I suppose views of the area will, at least, be briefly shown.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,791,412 times
Red face Ahhhhhhh:-0 Bad news folks....

BABY GOT BUMPED !!!!

February 05, 2008

12:45 p.m. -- 'Baby Borrowers' filmed in Eagle gets bumped from NBC lineup

A reality show that was filmed in Eagle last summer and set to air on Feb. 18 has been bumped off NBC's schedule, according to an NBC spokesman.

The new air date for "The Baby Borrowers" — a show in which young couples get a crash course in caring for other people’s babies, toddlers, "tweeners" and teens — has not yet been announced. The show as filmed in an Eagle cul-de-sac and included footage from all over the Treasure Valley. "Baby Borrowers" got bumped out of the NBC's schedule by another reality show — "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad." The latter is being promoted as a show about dads taking on "larger-than-life" physical and mental challenges, with the winners taking away money for their children and bragging rights.

12:45 p.m. -- 'Baby Borrowers' filmed in Eagle gets bumped from NBC lineup | Local News | Idaho Statesman (broken link)

Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 AM

306 posts, read 1,248,726 times
bummer
I was actually looking forward to it.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 10,659 times
Default Starting on June 25th

I was sad that this got bumped but I'm excited to see that it will not be airing next week. NBC is smart to show this show. It looks like it will be highly educational for teens. I for one would make my kid watch it to help them learn the beuty of safe sex and waiting till they are really ready.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmichellej View Post
I was sad that this got bumped but I'm excited to see that it will not be airing next week. NBC is smart to show this show. It looks like it will be highly educational for teens. I for one would make my kid watch it to help them learn the beuty of safe sex and waiting till they are really ready.
Thank you for posting the new date, I had seen the advertisement and kept forgetting to post it on here. Should be a very funny show.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 11,993 times
The show looks great, there are some crazy clips on nbc's web page.
think86
think86

Old 06-21-2008, 05:50 PM

4 posts, read 14,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think86 View Post
The show looks great, there are some crazy clips on nbc's web page.
think86
think86

I just looked on NBC.com, these kids are getting one heck of a wake-up call!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:35 PM

So anyone watch last night? I thought it was pretty cute. They only have the kids for three days though so I wonder how many episodes this is going to run.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 PM

879 posts, read 2,860,483 times
Well, I didn't watch it but it is a reality show...so they'll probably run a reunion show, a post-reunion reunion show, and then a rose ceremony for the babies. So there are three shows right there after the actual show is done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area