Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 AM

14 posts, read 32,628 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Boise in 3 weeks and are looking at a townhome to rent around W State Street across the street from the Plantation Country Club. Im from out of state and can only look at so much online. Is this area a safe area for my family? Is it considered a good, bad or average area in Boise? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 09:19 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
There's not anything in Boise I would consider "unsafe" the way most people mean it. That is a pretty good area, though. We have quite a few rentals in that general area, and one of our real estate agents lives off Pierce Park.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:35 AM

742 posts, read 1,129,382 times
It's okay. It's an older neighborhood compared to most of Boise, but newer than most of the areas east of there (Collister, North End, etc.). So your housing and your neighborhoods will be a bit more hit and miss, but in general still nice. Won't have the walkability of the North End, and you're a bit removed from the Greenbelt, the interstate, and the airport, but you're closer to downtown, the foothills, Eagle, and Highway 55 to McCall.

My complaints about that particular area would be, first and foremost, State St. is a busy nightmare of a street. Depending on how close to State St. you are, and how sensitive you are to traffic, this may be a deal buster for you. That, and there's a lot of strip mall development along State St. in that area on to Glenwood which I'm not the biggest fan of, but your opinion may differ.

I think the further north you get from State, the nicer it gets. The neighborhoods east of Pierce Park and west of Collister are pretty nice, close to schools, etc. Not as sure about the neighborhoods west of Pierce Park.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,481,404 times
It is an older neighborhood in general, but there are pockets of new scattered around. One of our rentals, right across from Plantation, was built in 06. West of Pierce Park, we have 8 rentals in one subdivision (down by Walmart) that is just a couple years old. And the general area isn't super old, just old enough to have nice mature landscaping.

I do agree I wouldn't want to be too close to State, but that is true of any major road. But then, I live a couple blocks from Milwaukee, and I don't hear the traffic unless there is a motorcycle or a siren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: