Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 11:54 AM

166 posts, read 115,757 times

Advertisements

We just learned from Sparklight that they provide TV, Phone, and internet. However, they don't provide email service. That was a surprise to us since our current company has all of these services. Please recommend reliable email providers in Eagle. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 11:55 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sadryheat View Post
We just learned from Sparklight that they provide TV, Phone, and internet. However, they don't provide email service. That was a surprise to us since our current company has all of these services. Please recommend reliable email providers in Eagle. Thank you!
Google, yahoo, hotmail, protomail. There are dozens you can use.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:26 PM

Thanks. We have google and hotmail accounts. We are looking for a local cable/tv/internet provider who also provides email. Maybe that isn't a thing anymore. Our current company is no longer providing email to new customers. So, maybe this is the new trend.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:44 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Thanks. We have google and hotmail accounts. We are looking for a local cable/tv/internet provider who also provides email. Maybe that isn't a thing anymore. Our current company is no longer providing email to new customers. So, maybe this is the new trend.
Some have it. My wifes grandma has it through her internet provider. However, here is really no reason that you would need to use it.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:55 PM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
I hear Google Fiber is coming to Boise! They haven't released any details other than admitting they are expanding into Idaho.

TDS Fiber is expanding as well. They have been causing Sparklight to drop their prices when the neighborhoods can have service from both. Thank you TDS! I am pretty sure they have email with their accounts.

I have multiple accounts on Gmail and like it.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:56 PM

Yeah, it does seem that internet providers are no longer offer it to new customers. We will make it work with what is available. Thanks again!

Old 11-29-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
I hear Google Fiber is coming to Boise! They haven't released any details other than admitting they are expanding into Idaho.

TDS Fiber is expanding as well. They have been causing Sparklight to drop their prices when the neighborhoods can have service from both. Thank you TDS! I am pretty sure they have email with their accounts.

I have multiple accounts on Gmail and like it.
I never heard of TDS Fiber. Competition is good! Any idea when that might happen?
Thanks.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:09 PM

820 posts, read 1,069,044 times
Quote:
I never heard of TDS Fiber. Competition is good! Any idea when that might happen?
Thanks.
Here is the link to their address lookup tool to see if they are in your area yet. https://address.tdsfiber.com

Here is a similar link for Google Fiber: https://fiber.google.com

Old 11-29-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
Here is the link to their address lookup tool to see if they are in your area yet. https://address.tdsfiber.com

Here is a similar link for Google Fiber: https://fiber.google.com
Thanks so much for the link. They don't service our potential new neighborhood yet.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:39 AM

5,462 posts, read 8,182,393 times
I have been using usermail for about 20 years. Email is all they do. Everything about your email stays the same regardless of who your Internet provider is. $19.95 per year and worth it.

https://www.prxy.com/hosting.php?spt=9&pt=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: