Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

EDINBURGH (Reuters Life!) - If you are looking for kiss-and-tell stories about the Bond girls or movie town gossip, Sean Connery's memoirs are not for you.

More of a coffee table book, the renowned Scottish actor's autobiography, "Being A Scot", is a heavyweight tome written in collaboration with Scottish film maker Murray Grigor.

Sean Connery's memoirs no kiss and tell | Lifestyle | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM

738 posts, read 586,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
EDINBURGH (Reuters Life!) - If you are looking for kiss-and-tell stories about the Bond girls or movie town gossip, Sean Connery's memoirs are not for you.

More of a coffee table book, the renowned Scottish actor's autobiography, "Being A Scot", is a heavyweight tome written in collaboration with Scottish film maker Murray Grigor.

Sean Connery's memoirs no kiss and tell | Lifestyle | Reuters

No, it wouldn't be. He's a class act and a real gent. Loved him in "The Untouchables." Not to mention the Bond movies.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:50 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
my mother was in love with this actor for most of her life and she enjoyed the story of one of the camera men said that when Lana Turners ganster bf tried to buffalo connery . Connery was a notorious boxer and he knocked the ganster bf out cold . it seems said ganster bf threatened connery several times over . This was the same said bf that turners daughter Cheryl killed in later years . I would love to read this book .

Old 03-17-2017, 07:05 AM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Sean Connery was always a class act.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Didn't he also have a reputation for beating women? Or was that unfounded gossip?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:20 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,333,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Didn't he also have a reputation for beating women? Or was that unfounded gossip?
A Google search showed that's true as he says it's okay to hit a woman himself.

ETA: link https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...-sean-connery/

Old 03-17-2017, 10:27 AM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
A Google search showed that's true as he says it's okay to hit a woman himself.

ETA: link https://thesocietypages.org/socimage...-sean-connery/
A celebrity blog? I guess it depends on the way the media spins it.

'I don't believe that any level of abuse of women is ever justified under any circumstances' Connery speaks for the first time after cancelling his high-profile appearance at Holyrood's Festival of Politics By Paul Hutcheon (From
-HeraldScotland.com

Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,333,625 times
His own words are somehow negated by a celebrity blog? I don't really care about celebrities one way or the other but a Google search will bring up a lot of articles about him, including the accusations of an ex-wife. They are not all celebrity blogs.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:04 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
I kind of remember when the scandal first broke back in the late '90s. It wasn't like he was pushing women down stairs or anything, but he came out in an interview and said something to the effect of: When a woman gets out of place, it's okay for the man to slap her around a bit.

Sad to say, that opinion was not isolated amongst his generation. But it definitely lowered by opinion of the man a great deal.

Don't get me wrong. As an actor? I love him. As a human being? Not so much.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,823,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A celebrity blog? I guess it depends on the way the media spins it.
The only one trying to spin things is you.

"I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman - although I don't recommend doing it in the same way that you'd hit a man. An open-handed slap is justified – if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a *****, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it."
--interview, Playboy magazine

"There are women who take it to the wire. That's what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack."
--interview, Barbara Walters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books