Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times

Advertisements

The other day at the local coffee shop a few of us got to talking about casting the characters in a book for a movie.

One of my favorite series of books is By J. Evanovich. I love the Stephanie Plum, Grandma Mazur and several other characters in the books. We were trying to cast those characters for a movie.

My choices:
Stephanie Plum - - - Suzanne Pleshette ( I know she isn't available)
Grandma Mazur- - - Stella Geddis (the Mother from GOLDEN GIRLS, sadly unavailable too )

Anybody else?
Other books?

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:12 PM

631 posts, read 1,885,662 times
My favorite book character is Vivi Abbott Walker from Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Ashley Judd was cast as the younger Vivi in the movie and I believe she did her justice.

Second favorit book is The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. If this was ever made into a movie I could see Nicole Kidman playing Rowan Mayfair. She has that smooth cool beauty that I picture Rowan as.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:52 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,298 times
I always think about the stephanie plum character too! I think that Julia Roberts would do it well. I can see her with the "jersey girl" hair and make up. I kind of thought that Queen latifa could do lula, but she has trimmed down and looks pretty hot, but maybe if they did her in the tight spandex etc. I could see bea arthur as her mom and maybe betty white as grandma! The Rock could maybe play ranger, but I don't know. I would need a casting call for morelli. I can't think of someone right off the top of my head. I would need to look at them.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Great picks sgresident. Queen Latifa or WANDA(? From the "New Christine" series) would be a hoot as Lula. Every time I see a big Black Woman with a large purse I think of Lula and weird things about what might be inside that purse start going through my mind. Once or twice that picture has almost got me in hot water.

Maybe Tom Selleck as Morelli? The Rock as Ranger sounds like a fit.

If they ever do a TV series on the S. Plum books I will probably be an ardent fan.

GL2

Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 AM

I think tom sellect is too old for morelli!needs to be a 30-40 something..hot Italian. I just can't think of someone.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:03 PM

Gosh sgresideny if Tom Selleck is too old to be considered a hunk I guess I am just S.O.O.L.
He was the standard for so many years. LOL.

GL2

Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM

I didn't say he was too old to be a hunk. he is fine! he is just too old to be that character from the book. I just can't think of someone in the right age bracket that fits the morelli character.. cop, rugged, italian, womanizing, tousled dark hair, dreamy eyes! and mid 30's to 40

Old 03-14-2009, 01:13 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
I would have loved either Daniel Day Lewis or Clive Owen as the dashing Henry De Tamble in a cinematic Time Traveler's Wife.
Instead, it's going to be Eric Bana.
We'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books