Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

I have this book that my aunt wants me to help sale created by her Preacher of her church on the history of Pilgrim United Church of Christ the dutch settlement on Abbotts Creek dating back to beginning of the church in Europe.

The book is a hard copy produced by church and is not with a publisher. As many you know it hard for a church to have the funds use to spend on advertising and promotions and involves all board members agreeing to allocate those funds.

This is where I come in I want to help get this book on the market but I am unsure where to begin?

The book is called Dutch Settlement on Abblots Creek the history of the Pilgrim United Church of Christ.

The dutch settlement on Abbotts Creek is the story of one of Davidson County's earliest churches. The J Everette Neese misinster of the church has carefully researched and documented the history of this 222 year old German Reformed Church and it's founders from their beginning in Europe to their emigration to Pennsylvania and finally their journey down the great wagon road to the banks of abbotts creek.

Writing with interest and authority Rev. Neese tells of the sturggles of the early colonists to found their homes and church in the wilderness of their lives in the early years of the settlement. There are chapters on the growth of the church, one of the their founding fathers, Valentine Leonard, a Revolutionary War Patriot the Pilgrim Academy; the break between the Refored and Lutherans, whcih resulted in the founding of Pilgrim Lutheran Church; and biographies of ministers who served Pilgrim.

The history is a thorough one, telling of all phases in church life the music, the traditions and customs, the bicentennial celebrations, the role of blacks in the life of Pilgrim and personal reollections by church members unusual peireced tombstones in Pilgrim cemetery that are an example folk art, and list of all recoreded burials in Pilgrim cemetery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Well, I don't know if this will be much help, but you could try asking some of the local book stores (Christian and otherwise) to sell them on consignment. I know at least a couple stores near me have done that in the past with both books and CDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books