Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 05:12 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times

Advertisements

I was book hunting on Amazon and decided to see what trek books are being published now, since I don't wander around stores and don't see them on the shelf now. A couple driew my interest and got me very interested in the rest. Losing the Peace, which is a TNG book, is after the third Borg war when the Feds have billions of refugees and refgee camps to deal with. Its about the new world which came after the 'won' the Dominion war, but were no longer the strongest and the best and also no longer invulnerable to invasion.

I remember when DS9 ended and we talked about what we'd like to see, some of us wanted to see the dramatically different world they'd made for themselves, very much like the ones in the books. But they did voyager which had nothing to do with it at all, then Enterprise which wasn't even in the time.

It's good to see someone still wondered. I just got the first two of those I ordered, That and The Never Ending Sacrifice, which I had to have. Una used to write mostly Cardassian centered fan fiction and it was awesome. She still is. This is the events in Cardassia and the war and after from the point of view of Rugal, the boy sent back with his father in the early seasons of Deep Space Nine, who had been adopted by a Bajoran man. I read a little, she has only gotten better.

Are any out there reading the re-launch? I'm looking for suggestions. The reviews suggested some of the early books were 'dull' but if its set up I'd be fine and my imagination can fill in anything dull.

My own alternate stories are only slightly more dire than what I see in the summaries. (Alternate in that in mine they lost to the Dominion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books