Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,524,450 times

Advertisements

There's a store called Silk Surplus in Beacon Hill that sells fabric by Baranzelli, the fabric is made by the same mill that makes Scalamandre. Great for interior decorating, but I don't think for clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,348 times
Clevedark,

I just looked online for this shop you suggested, WOW it looks AWESOME, thank you for posting it. We can't wait to check it out for one of my chairs now! I see there's one in NYC and another one in West Palm Beach, FL. too. I bet it's got some stunning material here! You definitely hit the nail on the head with this gem! Thanks again...

Baranzelli.com - Home

Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,524,450 times
Aww you're sweet--and correct--this is a gem. Their fabric is delicious. Expensive, but if you look for it on sale, and there are ALWAYS sales at the stores, you can find something that won't kill you. Definitely visit the store--that's where you'll find cheap remnants, esp. if you're thinking of doing a small chair, you might find enough cheap yardage to do the job.

The great thing about Baranzelli is that it's made on the same looms as Scalamandre, which makes the finest fabrics on Planet Earth, and Baranzelli costs a fraction of Scalamandre.

Have fun and good luck! Always happy to facilitate an exhilerating shopping experience. It's what I was born to do.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,794 times
I like Zimmans Hudson for silk rems, both Zimmans and Exeter Hankerchief for upholstery/decorator fabrics. However, if you are looking for fabric for garments, try Apple Annie's in Swansea: Apple Annie Fabrics :: High Fashion Fabrics and Designer Fabrics - linen, wool, cotton

Portsmouth (NH) Fabric Company has gorgeous silks and satins for weddings etc., as well as a great selection of batiks.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:25 PM

82 posts, read 287,796 times
George's Textile on Merrimack Street in Lowell has a great selection and prices. I too miss North End Fabric on Harrison Ave. Is Dicarlo Fabrics still on Temple Place in Boston? They had some beautiful albeit expensive fabrics. Calico Corners is a suburban chain, but I think it has more decorator fabrics than fabrics to make clothes.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,294 times
There is an awesome store in Hudson Mass called Artee Fabrics and Home.

They carry the best home decorator fabrics that I have seen anywhere. Lots of silks, linens blends, prints.

Zimmans in Hudson left that location and the new store at that location is wonderful. THis store is simply mindblowing you can find almost anything home decoration over here. Rows upon rows of fabrics.

They have notions and trims and lots and lots of remnants

Old 09-12-2010, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,022 times
These are all great suggestions but do any of them carry bridal lace-not trim? I make wedding gowns and am at a loss now that the fabric place in woburn is gone. buying lace on line is so hard-I just need to feel it to judge the quality.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 683 times
Thumbs up Great fabric store near boston

Hi All- I realize this original post goes way back, BUT.... a great store in Watertown (just outside of Boston) for any thing Home Decorating fabric is called FABRIC SHOWPLACE, Freddy Farkels Outlet. HUGE, parking, warehouse store with all types of upholstery, slipcover, drapery fabrics. Great prices, big samples that they let you BORROW to take home and see if you like the fabric in your room before you buy. Incredible remnant area and markdowns galore. I had a wonderful shopping experience, got lots of help, and found more choices than i could ever need. A touch hard to find near the Malls (Target and Marshalls) so call for exact directions and listen to them carefully, they helped me while i was lost and stayed on the phone til i found it !! Fabulous customer service. only snag, no sundays... but i guess everybody needs a day off !

Old 10-21-2020, 06:22 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
I know this thread is ancient. But, Fabric Place Basement in Natick/Framingham is wonderful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston