Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 AM

157 posts, read 493,808 times

Advertisements

Hi, I live close to a wholefoods, when I have guests over, is it safe for them to park at Whoefood's parking lot?

That is, not getting towed.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo_x View Post
Hi, I live close to a wholefoods, when I have guests over, is it safe for them to park at Whoefood's parking lot?

That is, not getting towed.

Thanks!
Which Whole Foods? The one on the Brighton/Brookline line near Washington Square?

I personally would advise against a guest parking in their lot. Why risk getting towed?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Which Whole Foods? The one on the Brighton/Brookline line near Washington Square?

I personally would advise against a guest parking in their lot. Why risk getting towed?
yes the one on Washington... how did you guess that one?!!!

Main reason is my apartment building only has 4 guest parking spots, and they get filled up pretty easily on weekends.... so really would prefer to have some alternative!

And of course I would HATE my guests car getting towed, therefore I post here to wonder whether anyone has insights on whether they check the cars at wholefood parking lot or not...

Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
I wouldn't recommend it. Parking is at a premium in that area, so I'd think that Whole Foods would check and tow any cars that are parked there all day/night. Especially after they are closed. Most commercial businesses have tow companies check their lots after hours to tow any cars left overnight.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo_x View Post
yes the one on Washington... how did you guess that one?!!!

Main reason is my apartment building only has 4 guest parking spots, and they get filled up pretty easily on weekends.... so really would prefer to have some alternative!

And of course I would HATE my guests car getting towed, therefore I post here to wonder whether anyone has insights on whether they check the cars at wholefood parking lot or not...
I lived just up the street from that location a few years back(that's why I guess that location). There is a fair amount of non-resident parking on the street. I would suggest to your guest(s) that is where they should park. I would rather a ticket for parking beyond 2 hours than a tow charge as the latter will be a lot more. Plus, on weekends leaving your car in a 2 hour spot is not an issue.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 AM
miu

BTW you don't owe your guests free parking. But just make it clear to them what the parking situation is like in your area. If they are local guests, then they can take public transportation to your place. If they are from out of town, then can decide if they need to pay to put their car in a parking lot for the weekend or just learn to read the street signs/feed parking meters etc...

Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I lived just up the street from that location a few years back(that's why I guess that location). There is a fair amount of non-resident parking on the street. I would suggest to your guest(s) that is where they should park. I would rather a ticket for parking beyond 2 hours than a tow charge as the latter will be a lot more. Plus, on weekends leaving your car in a 2 hour spot is not an issue.
most parking around my building are resident-only parking spots, where do you use for non-resident parking?

and thank Miu too, I've rated you guys up for the help!

Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM

613 posts, read 2,307,030 times
I wouldn't risk guests parking in a business parking lot. Surprisingly, a lot of places do monitor that sort of thing especially in areas where street parking is at a premium. If friends were just stopping by for a short time (hour max), then MAYBE I'd suggest it, but I'd let them know it was at their own peril. And definitely not after-hours. While a $40 parking ticket for a resident only spot or $25 for an expired meter aren't fun, it's preferable to a $150+ tow charge.

Is Corey Rd. all resident parking?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
miu

You guests could bring a lot of quarters and pay for metered parking. Then stay at the meter overnight. But then they'd have to pay at the meter in the morning. Most meters have a two hour limit, after that, they'd need to move their car to another metered stop.

I suppose all of this is to discourage apartment renters from having overnight guests often, which landlords don't like. After all, guests use more water and add to the general wear and tear of the rental unit.

How often do you have guests stay overnight?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 AM

it's actually never overnight because we do not have a guest room

most of these guest/friend visits are PMs like 6-9PM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston