Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:21 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,512 times

Advertisements

Has anyone done the Fenway Park tour? How long is it and would you recommend it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 04:24 PM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Ex tour guide here (2 years).

The tour is supposed to be about 1 hour, and usually is. Some guides are long winded and might be 1 hour 15 (though they are always trying to cut down on these people).

You should know, that it is not common practice to go on the field. It is the exception. For the best tour, I recommend taking the first tour of the day on a non-game day. You *may* get to go on the field (usually warning track in front of green monster). You'll get into the visitors clubhouse (never Sox clubhouse), the press box, EMC club (sometimes), green monster, royal rooters club (museum). Note well, going later in the day or during a home series severely restricts access to emc, royal rooters museum, visitors club house, and press box. It never hurts to call the tour office and ask if there are any other events on a given day that might limit tours. Sometimes outside companies or groups rent, say, the emc club or something. Or concerts happen too. Never go during a concert (this weekend is BillyJoel, do not go!).

Is it worth it? Well, the prices have gotten pretty high. They go up every year, and the tour itself in terms of access is inferior to all other ballpark tours nationally (I've been on many- anywhere else you go, you walk on the warning track). The thing with Fenway is though that it's from 1912 and is unique. Anecdotally, I just took a friend from out of town to a Sox game last week. He LOVED it! If you are a baseball fan, you will find the information interesting (most guides are quite knowledgable). If you aren't a baseball fan, you may be disappointed by lack of access potentially. But you will still get good pictures. Overall, I say it's worth it if you are at least a casual baseball fan. If not, there are better things to do.

DM me if you have any other questions. I very much enjoyed my years at Fenway.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:09 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Great info!

Old 08-09-2018, 06:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Great info!
Seriously good.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:35 AM

Thank you so much! My 10-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter should love it!

We'll be the ones wearing our Yankees jerseys

Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Ex tour guide here (2 years).

The tour is supposed to be about 1 hour, and usually is. Some guides are long winded and might be 1 hour 15 (though they are always trying to cut down on these people).

You should know, that it is not common practice to go on the field. It is the exception. For the best tour, I recommend taking the first tour of the day on a non-game day. You *may* get to go on the field (usually warning track in front of green monster). You'll get into the visitors clubhouse (never Sox clubhouse), the press box, EMC club (sometimes), green monster, royal rooters club (museum). Note well, going later in the day or during a home series severely restricts access to emc, royal rooters museum, visitors club house, and press box. It never hurts to call the tour office and ask if there are any other events on a given day that might limit tours. Sometimes outside companies or groups rent, say, the emc club or something. Or concerts happen too. Never go during a concert (this weekend is BillyJoel, do not go!).

Is it worth it? Well, the prices have gotten pretty high. They go up every year, and the tour itself in terms of access is inferior to all other ballpark tours nationally (I've been on many- anywhere else you go, you walk on the warning track). The thing with Fenway is though that it's from 1912 and is unique. Anecdotally, I just took a friend from out of town to a Sox game last week. He LOVED it! If you are a baseball fan, you will find the information interesting (most guides are quite knowledgable). If you aren't a baseball fan, you may be disappointed by lack of access potentially. But you will still get good pictures. Overall, I say it's worth it if you are at least a casual baseball fan. If not, there are better things to do.

DM me if you have any other questions. I very much enjoyed my years at Fenway.
You were a tour guide at Fenway? That's awesome. I had a side gig as a tour guide myself for a while. They can be fun jobs.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:02 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post

I wouldn't especially with kids. Seriously.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:22 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post

No. Thank you and your Yankees for laying down last weekend. A four game sweep is much appreciated.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
No. Thank you and your Yankees for laying down last weekend. A four-game sweep is much appreciated.
Yankees - World Series titles (27)

Red Sox - World Series titles (8)

Old 08-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I wouldn't especially with kids. Seriously.
Thx, we'll be ok, we also wear our Islanders jerseys to MSG. No biggie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston