Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 10:36 AM

16,330 posts, read 8,162,213 times

Advertisements

I'm sure there are plenty of other positions where the employees get money that they shouldn't be. I question all these male dominated boys club hedge find/investment management jobs where people make over a million there. No one ever questions those...but $2300 extra in a cop's paycheck is in the news every day because it's tax dollar money. I am not saying it's right but it's getting tiresome hearing about it when people make millions for who knows what reason all over the place. Investigate some of those jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 10:43 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of other positions where the employees get money that they shouldn't be. I question all these male dominated boys club hedge find/investment management jobs where people make over a million there. No one ever questions those...but $2300 extra in a cop's paycheck is in the news every day because it's tax dollar money. I am not saying it's right but it's getting tiresome hearing about it when people make millions for who knows what reason all over the place. Investigate some of those jobs.
Always whataboutism.

PS None talks about the wall street guys making millions of dollars? Change your news sources.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:49 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post

PS None talks about the wall street guys making millions of dollars? Change your news sources.

For real. Been complaints and criticism of things like golden parachutes for decades.

But private companies and their Board approved compensation packages, while I believe often unethical, are far different than illegal. What this is, is a crime, and a crime against the public they are supposedly supposed to serve.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Well I dont see the complaints about them yet I see them around on the regular just living the dream. Buying the most expensive things life has to offer and they all seem to come from money in the first place. I just can't help but wonder sometimes. It bothers me more than a cop's OT any day of the week. How does one person make 5-10 million a year for themselves?

Not sure what else to say about the cops committing OT fraud, kind of feel like a dead horse beaten. They committed, they're getting in trouble and are paying the price. I'm sure they are plenty of embarressed. Mean while hedge fund harry will pass his wealth on to his family for generations to come. They will continue to have the leg up in life looking down on everyone else.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:35 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,045 times
Quote:
Well I dont see the complaints about them yet I see them around on the regular just living the dream. Buying the most expensive things life has to offer and they all seem to come from money in the first place. I just can't help but wonder sometimes. It bothers me more than a cop's OT any day of the week. How does one person make 5-10 million a year for themselves?

Not sure what else to say about the cops committing OT fraud, kind of feel like a dead horse beaten. They committed, they're getting in trouble and are paying the price. I'm sure they are plenty of embarressed. Mean while hedge fund harry will pass his wealth on to his family for generations to come. They will continue to have the leg up in life looking down on everyone else.
You have never heard of the Occupy Wall Street movement. The 1% etc etc.
Alright. Give us a call when you come back to Earth

PS
As Timberline already said, these are not crimes btw. Stealing money from the public is, even more so if it's a cop doing it.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:39 AM

I just have a feeling some of it is stealing from those particular companies or even individuals.

Again, not sure what else to say on the cop OT issue. They clocked hours they didn't work, they got caught, it's in the paper everyday and the whole dept looks bad.

People commit fraudulent acts every day to get more money. We could talk about welfare fraud, people lying and starting go fund me pages lying about having cancer or having sick kids to get more money. There are frauds and liars out there, we all know this. Does beating up on the cops make me feel better about all the other liars and frauds that get away with things their whole life? Not really.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:48 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
I just have a feeling some of it is stealing from those particular companies or even individuals. .

And the Board of Directors and auditors are all missing it. Chronically. And the major shareholders are all just giving it a pass too.

That sounds much more likely than unbridled capitalism along with a society that has adopted a more conservative flatter taxation structure over the past 60+ years all while we as a culture celebrates excess and idolizes the filthy rich.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:02 PM

Right but most don't get to be filthy rich and I guess they get bitter about it. Hence these cops, people committing welfare fraud, bank robbers, drug dealers, anyone who steals anything really.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:41 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,921,164 times
Quote:
Money is either illegally obtained or it isn't. When cops defraud taxpayers it's pretty unequivocally illegal and the only question is how much will there is to enforce punishment. When "boys hedge club find/investment management jobs" legally make obscene amounts of money, even in the most immoral ways, the only thing you can really do is change the laws so they can't do it again.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:10 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Money is either illegally obtained or it isn't. When cops defraud taxpayers it's pretty unequivocally illegal and the only question is how much will there is to enforce punishment. When "boys hedge club find/investment management jobs" legally make obscene amounts of money, even in the most immoral ways, the only thing you can really do is change the laws so they can't do it again.
I think it's too late for that lol. The money is in the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston