Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2022, 09:33 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Do you know him ?
Do I know a 16 year old in Mattapan? no. I don't know anyone under like 23 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 05:38 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,902 times
The only solution is mass gentrification, we live in the age of omnipresent cell phones, free and easy to use video cutters and splicers, instant uploads and woke lynch mobs meaning no cop will risk their career and livelihood trying to arrest a perp that’s not actively shooting at them. Minneapolis and Portland are great examples of what happens when gentrification stalls and police force is hogtied.

Old 07-13-2022, 08:07 AM

Michael Cox to be named new Boston police commissioner

"Michael Cox, a veteran law enforcement leader who 30 years ago was beaten by his fellow Boston Police officers while working undercover in the department’s gang unit, will return to Boston to lead the department as commissioner, according to two sources with knowledge of the decision, which Mayor Michelle Wu is expected to announce Wednesday morning.

Cox, 57, is currently the chief of the Ann Arbor Police Department and will take the helm one of the city’s largest departments at a challenging moment." By 2019 he had reached superintendent in BPD but moved to Ann Arbor in 2019.

"A former Boston Police Superintendent, Cox has earned a long list of accolades in his career but is perhaps best known in his hometown for the civil rights lawsuit he filed— and won — against the department after a 1995 incident when his fellow officers mistook him for a murder suspect, ruthlessly beat him unconscious, and tried for years to cover it up."

Impossible- cops dont lie . /s

Michael Cox is a Dorchester native. His son Michael Cox, Jr. grew up in Dorchester played football at UMass graduated in 2012 and (briefly) became a runningback with the New York Giants back in 2013.

Old 07-13-2022, 08:46 AM

16,646 posts, read 8,369,674 times
That's interesting. It's hard to imagine that he has no ill feelings towards Boston police for what happened to him...yet he's going to be leading them? Hmm. It just gets stranger and stranger in Boston.

Old 07-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. It's hard to imagine that he has no ill feelings towards Boston police for what happened to him...yet he's going to be leading them? Hmm. It just gets stranger and stranger in Boston.
Well he stayed on the force for 24 years after the incident so they must trust him. Hopefully, it means another Pat Rose cant happen and that in general police will be held accountable for lying about overtime and other things.

He spent 30 years on the force here. And the last couple elsewhere getting some outside perspective. Been undercover, in uniform, every rank from officer to superintendent.

Old 07-13-2022, 08:58 AM

I guess he is trusted if he's in the role. I'm sure Wu thinks it will be good attention for herself as well.

I guess it says something about him if he even stayed being a police officer and climbed the ranks the way he did after what happened to him. Maybe he truly understood it was a mistake that they thought he was someone else and holds no bad feelings at all.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I guess he is trusted if he's in the role. I'm sure Wu thinks it will be good attention for herself as well.

I guess it says something about him if he even stayed being a police officer and climbed the ranks the way he did after what happened to him. Maybe he truly understood it was a mistake that they thought he was someone else and holds no bad feelings at all.

If it were someone else would this have been the appropriate response to someone, not convicted or foud guilty of any crime, running away

Shrouded in darkness, Michael A. Cox Sr., a plainclothes Boston police officer, sprinted after four murder suspects cornered on a dead-end street in a seedy neighborhood. As sirens wailed nearby, one of the suspects scaled a fence, with Cox in close pursuit.

But then Cox was attacked from behind, slammed in the head and knocked to the ground — and into unconsciousness — with a flurry of police officers’ fists, batons and boot-laden feet. His colleagues on the force, both white and black, did not realize that Cox, who is black, was an officer until they saw his badge beneath the parka covering his crumpled body.

Whenever a cop thinks theyve found a suspect they get to beat them into a semi-coma that requires MONTHS of hospitalization? Thats okay if it happens to someone whos not a cop?

"the officer who spent months recovering from serious injuries to his head and torso."

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/17/s...ning-back.html Odds are they never caught the guy who actually did it.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:12 AM

No it wasn't an appropriate response but it was 1995. I guess things are more 'civilized' now.

Perhaps the person they thought they were running after had done some awful things. If a suspect has murdered people or hurt children I don't really care if the cops beat him today.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
No it wasn't an appropriate response but it was 1995. I guess things are more 'civilized' now.

Perhaps the person they thought they were running after had done some awful things. If a suspect has murdered people or hurt children I don't really care if the cops beat him today.
That's still 100% not okay.

We don't pay gangs to run around being suspects into unconsciousness.

They arent on trial, they arent even arrested yet. And if they were tats still not legal. You don't make a wrong right by being wrong yourself.

Professionalism, if the police want respect, you will need to display it... all the time. Not just some of the time or most of the time.

A child abuser is the lowest of the low. Death Penalty is absolutely fine by me in that case. But let the judicial system handle that, let the penal system handle that. Cops brutalizing people should never be a thing, and things like where pedophiles should be raped or assaulted in jail also should never be joked about or a thing. We ought to do things by the book and in ways that don't encourage or condone more anti-social and more predatory behavior. And I want to sya I dont think BPD is a particularly violent polcie department- i think they generally do a good job for police. My only consistent assertion has been that I think they lie and at times the BPPA and Live Boston stokes division.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:06 AM

Ok. I'm glad you care so much about criminals and people who beat up children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston