Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2023, 01:33 PM

16,668 posts, read 8,384,368 times

Advertisements

There were complaints at a recent st anthony's feast but it was the first I've heard of complaints about this feast in years. It was also complaints about 'underage drinking'. Who complains about that anymore? I think much of it comes down to parental controls across the board and also Karen's and Ken's in the neighborhood paying a sh*t ton to live there who don't think they deserve to be bothered by anything. No one was shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 01:35 PM

21,747 posts, read 12,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
christ. A bunch of drunk ridiculous teens. I lot easier to steer clear of than stray bullets though. I think the prevalence of firearms needs to be addressed. It won't stop teen posturing, but I don't think anything can.
In Boston you're in the hub of drug dealing for the entire New England. Let's say our low income 15 year old with minimal supervision theres a draw and opportunity to get into the drug game and make a LARGE sume of money that simply does not exist in Topsfield.

You get into it and eventually, you're given a gun or told to get one. There's also some kids at your school who you know have guns and maybe they don't like you for whatever reasons. So there's just a feeling amongst some kdis that they need a gun for protection.

You get two guns. Then you grow up just used to having a gun, thats normal to you.

So now you're 26 at Carnival having a good time- no gun on you. But there are maybe 500 like you in the crowd of 500,000. All it takes its 1 or 2 of the 500 to pull a trigger. They really probably do have some sort of PTSD or mental health issue. Or maybe they're a teenager posturing.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
There were complaints at a recent st anthony's feast but it was the first I've heard of complaints about this feast in years. It was also complaints about 'underage drinking'. Who complains about that anymore? I think much of it comes down to parental controls across the board and also Karen's and Ken's in the neighborhood paying a sh*t ton to live there who don't think they deserve to be bothered by anything. No one was shot.
wow, the double standard- did you see the video? Thats not an issue to you? Much bigger fight than the one I linked to after carnival.

There were also reports of vandalism to property throwing large and heavy objects in the street, and urination on private property.

Just because no one was shot doesn't mean it was legal or safe what was going on. I've never seen or heard of any fights like that at Carnival.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:39 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
wow, the double standard- did you see the video? Thats not an issue to you? Much bigger fight than the one I linked to after carnival.

There were also reports of vandalism to property throwing large and heavy objects in the street, and urination on private property.

Just because no one was shot doesn't mean it was legal or safe what was going on.
I never said it was safe or legal...but no gun shots seems like a pretty big differentiator to me. Id be disgusted if my own kid was there.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I never said it was safe or legal...but no gun shots seems like a pretty big differentiator to me.
well the thread isnt about just shootings.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:42 PM

Default re

Quote:
well the thread isnt about just shootings.
Let's throw all these teens in jail then along with their parents.

What do you see as the problem and the solution? The kids in the north end video appear to be privilidged misbehaved white boys based on where they come from and how they're dressed. They used to act up in fanueil hall, southie, fenway area, now I geuss they're in the north end too.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Let's throw all these teens in jail then along with their parents.

What do you see as the problem and the solution? The kids in the north end video appear to be privilidged misbehaved white boys based on where they come from and how they're dressed. They used to act up in fanueil hall, southie, fenway area, now I geuss they're in the north end too.
I really don't want them jailed. They do not deserve that IMO. These are potential dangers to people around them and to property but the intent is not there and non-combatants have mostly cleared out. Still you cant permit this behavior freely. Detained, cited, and sent home should suffice. 2nd violation in this city should result in formal arrest and processing.

But to an extent that is boys being boys- actually this time though.

Willful and malicious destruction of property should result in arrest. Video evidence of hitting innocent bystanders too.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:57 PM

People don't want to hear 'boys will be boys' anymore. I see liberals saying this all the time on social media and they seem to throw it at republican men. This is seen as raising men the wrong way and excusing behavior that should never be happening in the first place. Based on what I see some moms put about toddler boys on instagram I think some are in for a rude awakening when those boys become teens, but we'll wait and see what happens. I dont want my son wearing rainbow colored everything and nail polish, but I also don't want him running through the streets of the north end in vineyard vines or anywhere causing a disturbance.

The reality is that there will likely always be boys/teens in society behaving this way. It's just part of the cycle of life. It's probably in the media these days more than ever before, but bringing guns and knives into it certainly is more scary and threatening.

Old 08-28-2023, 02:00 PM

3,239 posts, read 2,143,756 times
Quote:
In Boston you're in the hub of drug dealing for the entire New England. Let's say our low income 15 year old with minimal supervision theres a draw and opportunity to get into the drug game and make a LARGE sume of money that simply does not exist in Topsfield.

You get into it and eventually, you're given a gun or told to get one. There's also some kids at your school who you know have guns and maybe they don't like you for whatever reasons. So there's just a feeling amongst some kdis that they need a gun for protection.

You get two guns. Then you grow up just used to having a gun, thats normal to you.

So now you're 26 at Carnival having a good time- no gun on you. But there are maybe 500 like you in the crowd of 500,000. All it takes its 1 or 2 of the 500 to pull a trigger. They really probably do have some sort of PTSD or mental health issue. Or maybe they're a teenager posturing.
yeah, I think the point of 500 people with notably terrible aim packing heat would scare most people a lot more than drunk teens no matter the numbers. I'm sure all of your reasons for how and why they are acquired are dead on. There is a lot more residual damage done when bullets are getting sprayed around.We see a lot of these perps back on the street after a short period of time. That needs to change.

Old 08-28-2023, 02:02 PM

23,748 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
In Boston you're in the hub of drug dealing for the entire New England.

It's not though. That's split between Lawrence and Providence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston