Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 11:42 AM

16,858 posts, read 8,532,803 times

Advertisements

I don't think any cops will be competing with anyone to do these jobs if that's what you're getting at. I'm sure some cops don't even do these types of details because they don't want to. I guess if they're in a situation where they really need some extra money they might.

I still say the verdict is out on how many civilians actually stand up (literally) to take these jobs if it even comes to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 11:50 AM

5,172 posts, read 2,741,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't think any cops will be competing with anyone to do these jobs if that's what you're getting at. I'm sure some cops don't even do these types of details because they don't want to. I guess if they're in a situation where they really need some extra money they might.

I still say the verdict is out on how many civilians actually stand up (literally) to take these jobs if it even comes to that.
No, not at all. Although road details are very popular among both state police, locals and sheriffs. That said they often have more work than they can handle. All I'm saying is that when you get that sweet spot where you can retain a private employee for this in Boston, I think you'll be spending just as much. Police are already getting their benefits. In this instance you now have to provide bennies to these employees. That's a costly undertaking. I don't think the monetary savings will be significant and the public safety benefits will be lost. The only time you hear far left Boston politicians (and their cult-like following) proposing something as a "cost cutting" measure it's when they have a political axe to grind or to politcally grandstand.

Old 05-20-2022, 04:57 PM

21,801 posts, read 12,968,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
No, not at all. Although road details are very popular among both state police, locals and sheriffs. That said they often have more work than they can handle. All I'm saying is that when you get that sweet spot where you can retain a private employee for this in Boston, I think you'll be spending just as much. Police are already getting their benefits. In this instance you now have to provide bennies to these employees. That's a costly undertaking. I don't think the monetary savings will be significant and the public safety benefits will be lost. The only time you hear far left Boston politicians (and their cult-like following) proposing something as a "cost cutting" measure it's when they have a political axe to grind or to politcally grandstand.
cultlike following? They won multiple popular elections lol... how is it a cult if its most people who care enough to vote? CMon now. And no one believes public safety benefits will be lost.

Just MA exceptionalism to thumb your nose at what works in 49 other states. You're on the outside of the ingroup politically, not the other way around.

Old 05-20-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
cultlike following? They won multiple popular elections lol... how is it a cult if its most people who care enough to vote? CMon now. And no one believes public safety benefits will be lost.

Just MA exceptionalism to thumb your nose at what works in 49 other states. You're on the outside of the ingroup politically, not the other way around.
Cult = groupthink....devotion to dogma.

I criticize Massachusetts every day and have no use for "Mass exceptionalism." I don't consider being "outside" a tribe of groupthink as something to be ashamed of. You don't know me. At all. I'm not sure you know even yourself, given some of your ridiculously hypocritical and inconsistent positions.

Old 05-20-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Cult = groupthink....devotion to dogma.

I criticize Massachusetts every day and have no use for "Mass exceptionalism." I don't consider being "outside" of groupthink as something to be ashamed of. You don't know me. At all. I'm not sure you know even yourself, given some of your ridiculously hypocritical and inconsistent positions.
cultlike in British English
(ˈkʌltˌlaɪk ) adjective. resembling a cult.
Reichmann built an almost cultlike following of true believers.

cult
/kəlt/

noun

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
"the cult of St. Olaf"

a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

I don’t need to ‘know’ you- I dont care to know you-to be able to read. I read your opinions on things every day here.

“Ridiculously hypo-“ blah blah. Whatever. It’s not my fault you’ve got sour grapes about city politics and traffic cones.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I don’t need to ‘know’ you- I dont care to know you-to be able to read. I read your opinions on things every day here.

“Ridiculously hypo-“ blah blah. Whatever. It’s not my fault you’ve got sour grapes about city politics and traffic cones.
LOL, you seem to have a strange obsession with running to the aid of anyone here who criticizes your favorite city politicians. Even when they didn't address you. I skip over 99 percent of what you post because it's predictable bloviation. Looking for sour grapes? Find a mirror my friend. Otherwise, your fantasy political friends don't need you. You're not even their constituent.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
cultlike in British English
(ˈkʌltˌlaɪk ) adjective. resembling a cult.
Reichmann built an almost cultlike following of true believers.

cult
/kəlt/

noun

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
"the cult of St. Olaf"

a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Religion = dogma/groupthink.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
. I skip over 99 percent of what you post because it's predictable bloviation.
No you don’t. Obviously.

“Bloviation” lol..I appreciate that one.

Old 05-20-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Religion = dogma/groupthink.
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:07 PM

Quote:
No you don’t. Obviously.

“Bloviation” lol..I appreciate that one.
The posts that aren't directed at me? Yes. I do. Your numerous long-winded multi-quote bloviations of you taking on everyone in the CD world who dares to depart from your worldview? Yes, I do. 16K posts since 2014? No thanks. hahaha

Don't flatter yourself pal. You're not a London Times Op/Ed writer with a "following." Rofl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston