Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 08:09 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Several were arrested.

New England Neo-Nazi Group Holds Rally Near Mass. Civil War Memorial
New England Neo-Nazi Group Holds Rally Near Mass. Civil War Memorial (msn.com)

"The rally comes just weeks after a demonstration on July 4 weekend by dozens of apparent white supremacists who marched on Boston's Freedom Trail and allegedly attacked a Black man"

Old 07-24-2022, 05:37 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,072,233 times
Poor little basement-dwelling brainsless incel apes were probably just looking for a few like-minded buddies but townies got gentrified out decades ago and while there’s still plenty of hate in today’s JP it is expressed entirely in the form of self-loathing. If they wanted to hang out with hateful, racist, bigoted pr*cks like themselves in Boston they should have gone straight to 10 Washington in Dot.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:38 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Was this the protest?

Three people were arrested in Boston after a group of masked white supremacists clashed with counter-protesters at a “drag queen story time” event for kids on Saturday, reports said.
The protests began outside an event at Loring Greenough House, with videos showing members of NSC 131 chanting and holding a banner that said “PEDO SCUM OFF OUR STREETS,” video of the protest showed. Members wore hats, sunglasses and masks emblazoned with “131,” according to the videos.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/3-arre...en-story-hour/

Old 07-25-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Was this the protest?

Three people were arrested in Boston after a group of masked white supremacists clashed with counter-protesters at a “drag queen story time” event for kids on Saturday, reports said.
The protests began outside an event at Loring Greenough House, with videos showing members of NSC 131 chanting and holding a banner that said “PEDO SCUM OFF OUR STREETS,” video of the protest showed. Members wore hats, sunglasses and masks emblazoned with “131,” according to the videos.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/3-arre...en-story-hour/

Definitely looks like the same incident.

Old 07-25-2022, 09:44 AM

Looks like the DA is taking this increase in white supremacist activity seriously.

DA expands office due to white supremacist actions in Boston

https://www.wpri.com/new-england/mas...ons-in-boston/

"BOSTON (AP) — A district attorney in Massachusetts announced Monday he’s adding two positions to prosecute civil rights cases because he’s concerned about organized white supremacist actions in Boston this year and anticipates more unrest during upcoming elections.
The district attorney for Suffolk County, which includes Boston, announced the addition of civil rights prosecutors for district and superior court two days after three men were arrested at a rally in Boston.
District Attorney Kevin Hayden said it was a gathering of the group known as NSC-131, or the Nationalist Social Club. The group protested in the diverse Jamaica Plain neighborhood, outside a historic home that had just hosted a children’s drag queen story hour.
“It’s clear to me that Massachusetts and Boston have become target destinations for groups that spread hate,” he said in a statement.
RELATED: White supremacists are riling up thousands on social media
The Anti-Defamation League says NSC-131 is a New England-based neo-Nazi group.
Hayden said he’s adding staff and renaming the office’s civil rights team because there have been four organized white supremacist actions in Boston this year, a neo-Nazi group protest at the New England Holocaust Memorial in Boston last year, and recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions that have roiled the nation, with the possibility of more to come."

Old 07-25-2022, 06:30 PM

959 posts, read 536,821 times
I’m not a white supremacist … but doesn’t “Drag queen story time” sound a bit odd?
I

Old 07-26-2022, 08:16 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I’m not a white supremacist … but doesn’t “Drag queen story time” sound a bit odd?
I
Yes...there's a whole thread about this on the parents board here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/pare...storytime.html

I think it seems like a strange venue to bring children to....most I would imagine are toddler age otherwise they'd be at school (i get that it's summer now). A 2 or 3 yr old probably isn't noticing that a man is dressed up as a woman so is this supposed to be some type of teaching moment? Who is the moment for?

Old 07-28-2022, 12:33 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I

Nope. Even my conservative brother brings his kids (3 and 6) to the local drag queen story time... just like he brings them to as many storytime opportunities as possible. If you don't want your children to participate, don't go. Don't ruin the opportunity to make reading fun for other kids.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:52 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I don't usually post or even read in this section because I'm from WMass and now live in CT BUT this Neo Nazi stuff is getting out of hand. The other day my sister who lives in Virginia Beach found a letter on her ex's driveway. (She was checking on the house while he and their two daughters are away.) It said stuff like Brandon and then there was another whole page with pictures of all Biden administration who are Jewish. Had a star of David next to each one. It said things about helping Israel and that everyone should join up to fight this.

She is not Jewish but it still upset her. I posted about it on the Virginia forum and only one reply--told me to tell her to just shred it. Nah, she's saving it to show her ex when he gets back and he can report it to the police. She also said there was something about it on tv that night, that lots of people are getting this hate mail. There seems to be a lot of Neo Nazi things in the last couple of years in her area and it continues. Sickening.

(I agree with drag queen story hour, btw. Just what for? I would leave the little kids to their innocence. No point in drag queen story hour, they aren't going to learn tolerance of drag queens from it and maybe these sexual abberations shouldn't be 100% mainstream anyway.)

Old 07-28-2022, 12:52 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Is there a reason parents can't read to kids themselves? We went to a few story times where the librarian read the kids books. We were already at the library for other reasons so we would listen in. Our library also does a story time where a dog comes along with the reader as well. I'm sure there's some Karen out there who is allergic to dogs and would be pissed about this.

I don't understand the drag time story thing or how finding it weird should ruin it for any other kids. It is odd to many people. Those people aren't going. Sounds like others still are. No one is trying to shut the thing down.

Dragqueen story time is just weird and whoever came up with the idea did it to create controversy. Why not have people dress up as the characters from the book they're reading from. I don't see drag queens walking around where i live so why do kids need to know about this ? I'd rather have someone with an accent or someone missing a leg do the story hour if we're really going to teach differences.
I read to my kids every night. I don't need someone else doing it for me.

Last edited by msRB311; 07-28-2022 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston