Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 08:31 PM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times

Advertisements

Apparently this is an issue :

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/n...laints-police/

I don't know why the drumming has to continue past midnight. But for anyone who decided to move to the center of the city near TD garden what did they expect ?? Oh let's move near TD garden and have a baby and expect it to be quiet. Not sure i empathize all that much even though I'd be beyond annoyed. Sounds like they should get a fan or white noise maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 09:05 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,793,003 times
Entitled yuppie.

“I’ve been living in Downtown Boston for a year for a year and it’s not as quiet as Granby, Connecticut. What can be done to accommodate me?”

Old 12-01-2022, 04:53 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,675,087 times
Similar to those who buy condos across the street from Pine Street Inn and then expect to see no homeless people milling about on Harrison Ave. There are more residential areas of the city people can choose if they want to escape hardcore "city life."

Old 12-01-2022, 07:34 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
I don't empathize at all. There was something similar a few years ago when someone who bought a condo above a bar/restaurant in a new luxury building in the Seaport made a stink about the noise after the bar let out. I get that nobody wants excessive noise, but this is even worse. If you buy or rent a place in a new highrise above an arena that hosts sports, concerts, and other events on more days than not, it's 100% on you to adapt to the neighborhood, not the other way around. We're not talking about someone who was forced by a limited budget to live in a slum and is trying to improve it. These are not cheap places, there are other options if you don't like it. This is wildly out of touch:

"Maybe what was acceptable 10 years ago certainly isn't acceptable now. I think there has been three large resident towers that have gone up in the last four years," said Brett.

I'd empathize if the drummers spontaneously popped up on an all-residential side street in the South End or Dorchester, but in front of the Garden? Give me a break. It's incredibly entitled. You adapt to the neighborhood, you don't expect it to adapt to you. If you want quiet at night, living above the TD Garden is quite obviously not the ideal location.

Old 12-01-2022, 08:25 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
Right...i mean anyone who bought or rents in that area has money to spend in a lot of different places. Perhaps it's near their office, I dont know...but I can't say it seems like the best place to be starting a family if you want quiet. I get that sometimes things happen, but again...buy a fan. I started doing that in college to drown out loud noise in the hallway. It works.

Old 12-02-2022, 04:20 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,129,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Right...i mean anyone who bought or rents in that area has money to spend in a lot of different places. Perhaps it's near their office, I dont know...but I can't say it seems like the best place to be starting a family if you want quiet. I get that sometimes things happen, but again...buy a fan. I started doing that in college to drown out loud noise in the hallway. It works.
An AC/DC fan?

Old 12-02-2022, 05:45 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,981 times
We called those bum drums back in the day. Probably offensive to some now. There was a guy who used to get at it in the Back Bay. Fun when bars let out. Not so much if you’re trying to sleep. However, in front of the Garden is probably where they belong most. Ear plugs work.

Old 12-02-2022, 06:31 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,074,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Similar to those who buy condos across the street from Pine Street Inn and then expect to see no homeless people milling about on Harrison Ave. There are more residential areas of the city people can choose if they want to escape hardcore "city life."
Well, that’s actually being worked on - nearby fat cat condo and business owners greased the right palms and stuffed the right pockets and now there’s a big push to dump all those zombies on folks in Neponset.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:07 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,675,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Well, that’s actually being worked on - nearby fat cat condo and business owners greased the right palms and stuffed the right pockets and now there’s a big push to dump all those zombies on folks in Neponset.
I believe the shelter has a 99 year lease on that building, so that should be interesting. It should also be interesting to see what the folks in Dorchester have to say and whether the Mayor support this idea.

Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 AM

2,948 posts, read 5,195,279 times
I find those drummers so annoying, whether in front of Faneuil Hall, Landsdowne St. or I've noticed recently in front of Primark store next to Macy's in Downtown Crossing.

No, I don't live in these places; but can't someone simply relax on a bench or stroll an area without the intrusive noise?

Hmm...I guess I'm the sole dissenter here...so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston