Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 03:10 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
It allows for off-site development currently but the wording in this as it pertains to square footage- seems like it might not be a possibility.

But for projects with condos and (Section 8?) Voucher requirement, it seems that would have to be a component.

I see. I think that would lead to building less well-constructed units in much cheaper areas since it's a set amount of square footage, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2022, 09:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I see. I think that would lead to building less well-constructed units in much cheaper areas since it's a set amount of square footage, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
If you don't mind me asking (And do not take this in the wrong way at all.. i mean this the most lighthearted way out of curiosity) .. what has made you interested in Boston lately? I have seen you on the Boston forums and threads providing great input/posts.

Whatever it is.. welcome to the Boston zone! We are not all as psychotic as appeared on city vs city

Old 12-18-2022, 01:28 PM

23,616 posts, read 18,740,326 times
Gotta love these "affordable housing" schemes, like the classic $300K 2 BR condo where you can't earn more than $50K/year. Who of course cannot afford a $300K condo, UNLESS they have enough equity from another home or are a trust fund kid getting a massive downpayment "gift" from mommy and daddy. In other words, the LAST people we should be giving help to. I know of a person who landed one of these sweetheart deals, is the retired dean of admissions from a local university! But under their "retirement income", they qualified. And we all end up holding the bag. Awesome stuff.

Old 12-18-2022, 01:45 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,075,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Gotta love these "affordable housing" schemes, like the classic $300K 2 BR condo where you can't earn more than $50K/year. Who of course cannot afford a $300K condo, UNLESS they have enough equity from another home or are a trust fund kid getting a massive downpayment "gift" from mommy and daddy. In other words, the LAST people we should be giving help to. I know of a person who landed one of these sweetheart deals, is the retired dean of admissions from a local university! But under their "retirement income", they qualified. And we all end up holding the bag. Awesome stuff.
That’s precisely how it works - the only ones who qualify based on their income and can actually afford the payments are the coffee-slinging or whiteness studies adjunct-lecturing nieces and nephews of some BPDA bigwig officials, needless to say with a seven figure trust fund.

Also you don’t qualify if you already own a home, gotta be a first time homebuyer meaning it’s 100% well-connected trustafarians with millionaire mommies and daddies.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:17 PM

21,650 posts, read 12,800,939 times
Quote:
the maximum price on a 2 bedroom condo making 50k is $137,000. Even at $88,000 on a single income they still can’t charge you 300k for a 2BR condo…

You can see that right here. Income, Asset, and Price Limits | Boston Planning & Development Agency

Why get on here just to say something that can be disproven in like .7 seconds??? Sounds crazy.

Pesky facts at it again.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
the maximum price on a 2 bedroom condo making 50k is $137,000. Even at $88,000 on a single income they still can’t charge you 300k for a 2BR condo…

You can see that right here. Income, Asset, and Price Limits | Boston Planning & Development Agency

Why get on here just to say something that can be disproven in like .7 seconds??? Sounds crazy.

Pesky facts at it again.

Did you even read that?

That only refers to the "Compact Unit Pilot", micro-units where a 2 BR is SIX HUNDRED SQUARE FEET.. That cannot apply to all affordable units in the city. I have seen some of these listings with my very own eyes.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Did you even read that?

That only refers to the "Compact Unit Pilot", micro-units where a 2 BR is SIX HUNDRED SQUARE FEET.. That cannot apply to all affordable units in the city. I have seen some of these listings with my very own eyes.
Did YOU even read that. Bro this is getting embarrassing

The price for a ‘Compact Unit Pilot’ is $123,300 for someone making 50k . http://www.bostonplans.org/housing/i...d-price-limits

Jeez, cmon now…stop making ish up. No you didn’t see whatever listing you’re making up.

Just straight up lying for no reason.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Did YOU even read that. Bro this is getting embarrassing

The price for a ‘Compact Unit Pilot’ is $123,300 for someone making 50k . Income, Asset, and Price Limits | Boston Planning & Development Agency

Jeez, cmon now…stop making ish up. No you didn’t see whatever listing you’re making up.

Just straight up lying for no reason.

I do see where I missed that, you have to open up the actual file.

But that is only ONE program of several you cherry picked. Where did Wu's proposal specifically state Inclusionary Development? Here is another. Notice the bold. And yes there ABSOLUTELY have been listings like I described.

https://www.boston.gov/departments/h...mes-initiative

Qualified applicants must:
  • meet income limits (some properties may have lower income limits than others)
  • have a pre-approval for the property type being offered, and its purchase price, and
  • have sufficient savings and meet other program requirements.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I do see where I missed that, you have to open up the actual file.

But that is only ONE program of several you cherry picked. Where did Wu's proposal specifically state Inclusionary Development? Here is another. Notice the bold. And yes there ABSOLUTELY have been listings like I described.

https://www.boston.gov/departments/h...mes-initiative

Qualified applicants must:
  • meet income limits (some properties may have lower income limits than others)
  • have a pre-approval for the property type being offered, and its purchase price, and
  • have sufficient savings and meet other program requirements.
Dude you’re really out of your depth, and I say that with some decent level of respect.

I won’t explain it because you want to believe something that really ain’t even close to true- but yea Wu did refer to Inclusionary development specifically. Additionally, that’s not a cherry pick the same barometers of MAX income and MAX sale price are applicable to every single unit.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Additionally, that’s not a cherry pick the same barometers of MAX income and MAX sale price are applicable to every single unit.

That can't be true if the Neighborhood Homes Initiatives STARTS at $250K as a sale price, with incomes starting at $60K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston