Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 06:58 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times

Advertisements

This just in. As a disclaimer, I have no stake in this conflict but I just thought that I would share this since there was already a thread about the earlier rally supporting Israel. This conflict is hitting home for many here in Greater Boston.

https://whdh.com/news/hundreds-gathe...tinian-people/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2023, 07:03 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
The crowd was chanting “resistance is justified when people are occupied”. There is no justification for the barbaric attacks on Israel last week. Absolutely revolting. It is possible to support the innocent civilians in Gaza without endorsing the war crimes against women and children.

Old 10-17-2023, 07:46 PM

I just hope our government gets every American citizen trapped in the Gaza Strip out safely. There are even fellow Bay Staters trapped there right now. It's all in the news. Say what you will about them visiting one of the most volatile places in the world, they have their reasons, but they are our fellow Americans and we need to protect them. A ceasefire deal has to be worked on fast.

Old 10-17-2023, 08:18 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Ceasefires don't happen with terrorist states. Look what happened last time Israel "withdrew". These maggots need to be taken out once and for all. Unfortunately, blood will be shed. Hopefully civilian casualties can be kept to a minimum, but you have to remember they are dealing with barbarians over there who do not place an kind of value on innocent life

Old 10-18-2023, 04:13 PM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I just hope our government gets every American citizen trapped in the Gaza Strip out safely. There are even fellow Bay Staters trapped there right now. It's all in the news. Say what you will about them visiting one of the most volatile places in the world, they have their reasons, but they are our fellow Americans and we need to protect them. A ceasefire deal has to be worked on fast.
I wonder what American citizens are doing in Gaza when we are told Hamas can capture you at any time and force you to do anything. And if you are American (Palestine works closely with Russia and Iran) ... you are in danger just by being there as Palestine is basically fully supported by Iran and Russia. Why were they there?

Egypt I believe agreed to open borders and let Americans and other people with multiple citizenships out.
Of course who knows what will happen now.

Last edited by BruinsGirl; 10-18-2023 at 04:27 PM..

Old 10-18-2023, 04:48 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
There's a couple who are from Medway and their little boy who are stuck there now. Supposedly they were visiting family.
https://www.wcvb.com/article/medway-...srael/45551175

Old 10-18-2023, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
There's a couple who are from Medway and their little boy who are stuck there now. Supposedly they were visiting family.
https://www.wcvb.com/article/medway-...srael/45551175
Very sad... hopefully they will be saved. Egypt though is taking tough position (in some ways understandably as they have issues with Muslim brotherhood).

Old 10-18-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
I wonder what American citizens are doing in Gaza when we are told Hamas can capture you at any time and force you to do anything. And if you are American (Palestine works closely with Russia and Iran) ... you are in danger just by being there as Palestine is basically fully supported by Iran and Russia. Why were they there?

Egypt I believe agreed to open borders and let Americans and other people with multiple citizenships out.

As CaseyB said just now, there are Palestinian Americans who want to visit family in Gaza. A lot of other Americans may think that the term "Palestinian American" is an oxymoron but there are Palestinian Americans just like Chinese Americans, Brazilian Americans, Russian Americans, Israeli Americans, and so forth. I have actually met a few and I can tell you they are honest and hardworking just like the rest of us. Just because the US is not getting along with another entity, that does not mean American citizens cannot afford the right to visit that entity, right? I mean for instance right now we're not in the best of terms with Russia but somewhere I bet there are Russian Americans still daring to go back to the old country. The same goes with China including Hong Kong. Be mindful, the State Department issues only warnings at various levels heeding American citizens not to visit such places or at least exercise extreme caution. In some places, the American authorities will not be able to provide help to trapped victimized American citizens. Those other entities may also prohibit Americans from visiting but I don't think the Palestinian Territories were one of those entities, more like Iran and North Korea. So in short, yeah it's probably foolish to be in places run by a government who dislikes the US but that doesn't stop Americans from going to such places. After all, don't we live in a society with an "I can do whatever the hedge I want and no one can stop me" attitude?

Old 10-18-2023, 06:38 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post

People visit. Vacation, family, holidays, religious reasons, ... . People visit Russia and Iran and other states for the same reasons.

Old 10-18-2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
People visit. Vacation, family, holidays, religious reasons, ... . People visit Russia and Iran and other states for the same reasons.
People visit Russia way less now. I constantly read discussions in Russian chats about whether it’s safe or not to go there. However with all my love for Putin’s regime, it’s not Hamas terrotist group which allegedly can make any Gazan do anything for holy jihad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston