Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 04:08 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times

Advertisements

These threads are ridiculous. The person asked if there are any food places open at a particular time. That's it. And it ends in a pissing contest because certain people find the need to give advice on things not asked, or criticize the honest responses given by others. This doesn't seem to happen much in other forums, just MA and RI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2023, 06:24 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,402,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The question is how many times were you the last person to board, and therefore holding up the flight from pushing back?
Honestly...never. Also, if everyone else is on board, the airlines will often close the door and deny you boarding 10 min before the scheduled departure time.

If I'm traveling with my kids or checking a bag (almost never), I obviously have to allow for more time.

The main adjustment I have had to make is that my previous 12-15 min door to door trip to the airport now takes much longer at times due to Mass Pike construction and general congestion in the city. For all the bellyaching about the airport, Logan's proximity to the city is one of the best things about Boston and really differentiates it from other cities. Before 9/11, I used to leave my apartment 30 min before departure time and never missed a flight. In general quality of life was much better then.

Old 11-14-2023, 08:03 AM

12,820 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The question is how many times were you the last person to board, and therefore holding up the flight from pushing back?
Like I said in that post, "rarely ever." And honestly, that's a quick generalization. I can't think of a single time that I was the last person to board (or even one of the last few) with the exception of a time when a connecting flight was held for myself and several other passengers a few years ago. Beyond the personal embarrassment and inconvenience to other passengers, I would never chance not getting bin space. So 30 minutes before departure really isn't cutting it that close. 5-10 minutes from door to gate usually leaves 10-15 minutes before doors are scheduled to close (which is usually 10 min. prior to departure if on-schedule). I'm typically in Main 1, and I usually get to the gate as they're boarding the higher level elites and premium cabins. Occasionally, I get there as my group is boarding and just get right in line. But that still puts me on the plane ahead of most passengers.

To be fair, I probably wouldn't do this at many other airports (or even Terminal E when all the Europe flights are leaving). LAX, LGA, ORD, JFK, ATL, etc. are all prone to lengthy waits, even in the PreCheck lines. But Terminal A at Logan generally moves fairly quickly.

Old 11-14-2023, 08:19 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Dunkin Donuts!

Old 11-16-2023, 04:38 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
So this is what we found after getting out of security. Dunkin, Peet’s Coffee were open. a few others were just setting up. You won’t starve but you will stand in long lines. we watched as we ate our breakfast (Peanut butter layered with sliced Honeycrisp apples, delish) and bottled water.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:34 PM

6,122 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
So this is what we found after getting out of security. Dunkin, Peet’s Coffee were open. a few others were just setting up. You won’t starve but you will stand in long lines. we watched as we ate our breakfast (Peanut butter layered with sliced Honeycrisp apples, delish) and bottled water.
Glad you took care of yourself by planning ahead. I never understood the long lines for Dunkin. Same thing in Terminal A...long lines for Dunkin while the Starbucks just across is always more manageable, and better yet accepts mobile orders so you don't have to wait in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: