Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 08:14 AM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Yeah ok, whatever. I've already ceded that's a possibility so not sure what your point is.

There is no point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 08:18 AM

5,093 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
The point is that the majority of people attending the parade weren't even from Southie. Southie isn't a huge neighborhood and it draws in about 1 million people (!!).

Not sure what you are being so salty about. sounds like you just hate people from southie based on your posts.
Everything "sounds like" something to you that is usually something you make up. No $hit a world-renowned St Patricks Day parade draws people from outside Southie. What a shock! There were 10 arrests.

I know and have known many people from Southie over the years and most are decent people. I've also known many criminals from there. I also know that there are drunken arrests there ALL THE TIME involving people who live there. But your attempt to lionize all of them as if the neighborhood is filled with altar boys and girls is ridiculous. Bad behavior is bad behavior. It doesn't matter where the person lives. Your point seems to be that people can do no wrong if they live in Southie. That's BS and anybody who knows the neighborhood knows that. It doesn't matter if most of the 10 arrests at this particular event were people not living there. Southie has had its share of residents arrested for similar behavior at the parade and outside the parade.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:21 AM

23,569 posts, read 18,672,702 times
Quote:
But your attempt to lionize all of them as if the neighborhood is filled with altar boys and girls is ridiculous. Bad behavior is bad behavior. It doesn't matter where the person lives. Your point seems to be that people can do no wrong if they live in Southie.

Nobody ever said that.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Nobody ever said that.
And nobody said it was mostly Southie people.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:29 AM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Everything "sounds like" something to you that is usually something you make up. No $hit a world-renowned St Patricks Day parade draws people from outside Southie. What a shock! There were 10 arrests.

I know and have known many people from Southie over the years and most are decent people. I've also known many criminals from there. I also know that there are drunken arrests there ALL THE TIME involving people who live there. But your attempt to lionize all of them as if the neighborhood is filled with altar boys and girls is ridiculous. Bad behavior is bad behavior. It doesn't matter where the person lives. Your point seems to be that people can do no wrong if they live in Southie. That's BS and anybody who knows the neighborhood knows that. It doesn't matter if most of the 10 arrests at this particular event were people not living there. Southie has had its share of residents arrested for similar behavior at the parade and outside the parade.
Believe me I've know some trashy hoodlums from southie before....they don't live there anymore or they live with parents or grandparents and are in their 40's, not running around the streets anymore. The demographic has changed. Anyone who owns/rents their now has to have the money to have their sh*t together and is likely not fighting with cops or puking in doorways.

Old 03-21-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Believe me I've know some trashy hoodlums from southie before....they don't live there anymore or they live with parents or grandparents and are in their 40's, not running around the streets anymore. The demographic has changed. Anyone who owns/rents their now has to have the money to have their sh*t together and is likely not fighting with cops or puking in doorways.
Yeah...Southie has no problems now with any of its residents because they are all monied and responsible.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...CJOYPXTJOT454/

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/05...-loud-parties/

Anything that happens there must be people who don't live there. They all have their $hit together.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:16 AM

wow, you must be real fun at parties

Old 03-21-2024, 09:17 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times
Quote:
The bold is a sweeping generalization that doesn't really align with reality. The demographics have certainly changed considerably, and it's without a doubt a more expensive place to get an apartment or buy a home than it was a decade or two ago. But there are still plenty of "hoodlums" in Southie, and more than just a few people from multi-generational Southie households still living there. Many of the newcomers are very young adults who have no qualms about getting wasted beyond the ability to function on St. Patrick's Day. I don't know why it's such a triggering thing to say that not everyone causing trouble is coming from outside of the neighborhood.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:33 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
The bold is a sweeping generalization that doesn't really align with reality. The demographics have certainly changed considerably, and it's without a doubt a more expensive place to get an apartment or buy a home than it was a decade or two ago. But there are still plenty of "hoodlums" in Southie, and more than just a few people from multi-generational Southie households still living there. Many of the newcomers are very young adults who have no qualms about getting wasted beyond the ability to function on St. Patrick's Day. I don't know why it's such a triggering thing to say that not everyone causing trouble is coming from outside of the neighborhood.
I get triggered because people on this forum seem to enjoy calling out Irish Southie folks (or any Bostonian Irish folk). I don't know what it is but many people have a great amount of disdain towards the Boston Irish.

When't the last time you were even in southie and had a coversation with multi generational families there? You have data on these multi-generational Southie households ? I'm sure there are some but there aren't many left.

we are talking specifically about the problems caused at the parade.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:37 AM

Quote:
wow, you must be real fun at parties
Have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I guess that's what you do when you have nothing else. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston