Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 03:48 PM

65 posts, read 378,420 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a leather sectional, FINALLY!

Any good tips on where to buy one? Not too contemporary, not to traditional.

We're in Arlington so something within a 30-45 minute drive would be great.

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 04:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
without question, the very best place to buy furniture (or anything) in Boston or anywhere is Craigslist.

Yesterday I needed a computer part (a cdrom) to effect an emergency repair on a machine at one of my clients. Dell offered the CD rom for $90 +$16 next day shipping. No computer store had the part. So instead I went on Craiglist, and bought an entire replacement computer - exact model - for $100. The seller was 1 mile away, I picked it up 20 minutes after pointing my browser at craigs.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:22 PM

65 posts, read 378,420 times
That's funny because the sofa we are replacing is from craigslist. Bad experience, long story. So usually I totally agree with you but this time I'm going to a store!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,037 times
Bernie & Phil's

Old 09-27-2008, 06:42 PM

274 posts, read 605,973 times
I second Bernie & Phils---I was sent a personalized "thank you" card after my purchase---that says a lot in today's world!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:27 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
That's "Bernie and Phyl's" - LOL!
Jordan's Furniture has vast and splashy stores to go with their bottomless advertising budget. But I've never been all that impressed with what they have in stock and have never bought from them. The other ubiquitous presence on the airwaves is Bob's Discount Furniture, but what they offer has a way of screaming "discount," hahaha.
You've been away for some time now, elijahwilliams, nice to see you back.
Although "Woodstuff," whose nearest physical store to you is in Waltham, specializes in what their name implies, they've branched out to offer complete room sets and could well have couches in their product line. You could make inquiry through woodstuff.com, or drop by in person to peruse their scads of catalogues. A rainy day like today is made for that sort of activity!
Putnam Furniture, in Cambridge's Central Square at Mass. Ave and Pearl St, is in business to lease furnishings to short-stay landlords. They have a large showroom of "gently" or never used furniture which definitely includes sofas.
At 999 Mass. Ave, near the corner of Ellery St east of Harvard Square and before Central, stands a store called "Bo Concept." They've been in business for several years, marketed initially as "high end" but in today's economy as "high end, low price." So they might also be worth a look-see.
Lastly but not leastly, Paine Furniture is a personal favorite, but they're more into upholstered furniture and might not carry leather sectionals.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
I really like Circle Furniture over by Alewife. It's contemporary but not super modern.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
We have had good luck with

Marty's in Melrose: Marty's Furniture in Melrose, quality furniture at discount prices to the public. Furniture for Living Room, Dining Room, Home Entertainment, Home Office, and Bedrooms.

and Comfort Furniture in Lowell: Comfort Furniture Showrooms Lowell MA

The absolute best leather furniure store, however, is Currier's in Hampton Falls, NH: Boston-Area Leather Furniture - Tax-Free NH - Currier's

Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM

613 posts, read 2,306,691 times
I like the furniture at Boston Interiors. They have several locations including Brookline Village and Natick. Boston Interiors

Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
I like Boston Interiors as well. Jordan's is hit or miss but the markdown room has some great deals. They have different levels of quality so know your brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston