Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:23 PM

8 posts, read 30,900 times

Advertisements

Hiya, I'm living in Dublin Ireland and thinking of moving to Boston later this year. I've heard its really expensive and i want to live close enough to the city if not in the city. I've heard Southie is a good option from a mate that lives there but cant find too much information on apartment rentals. Anyone know of any good rental sites or other good places near the city to move? Also want to know if the city is dog friendly and landlords allow dogs and also if the city is good craic or not! Any help appreciated :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 PM

166 posts, read 442,850 times
Just put in the search "moving to Boston", you will find a ton of threads with a ton of information, from where to live, how much it costs, even to where the most Irish lives.

Masika
*one Irish lass to Another*

Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM

will do thanks! also do u know what the social scene is like in boston? dublin is pretty lively and dont want to move somewhere thats quiet really.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,373 times
Here is a website that you can check out. Go to the floorplans section to see monthly prices. It gives comments by current and former tenants. Take the comments with a grain of salt though. Good luck!

Massachusetts apartments and apartment reviews - ApartmentRatings.com

Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 PM

166 posts, read 442,850 times
Your welcome Irish, I don't know much about Boston, but I wish I could live there. It's a beautiful old city with a lot of history and great architect. I'd actually move there but unless we get enough money to be able to fly back to Seattle to watch Seattle Storm games in the summer the chance is pretty slim. She really has no interest to live in the east. Me I love the snow, cold and nothing would give me greater pleasure then walking around Boston in the snow while everyone is huddling inside to keep warm. Don't get me wrong, I love Seattle, it's a beautiful city, very green and once in awhile we get snow, but it's missing all the old brick brownstone and town houses that I love! I hope you find what you are looking for!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
Do you have a visa and a job lined up?

Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 AM

I have a green card as my parents emigrated to florida when i was 4 years old so spent a few years there then moved back to dublin so am able to work when i go back over now.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:13 AM

oh also, are most apartments for rent in boston unfurnished? i wont be moving over with any furniture so need to find a furnished apartment!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
It would be very rare to find a furnished apartment on your own. Are you planning to live alone or with roommates? What is your budget? If you you move into a share, the people/a person already living in an apartment would likely have most basic stuff. You'd still have to get bedroom stuff, though you can usually find cheap used stuff on Craigslist.If you live alone, remember you'll have to pay first and last month's rent and usually either a security deposit or broker fee (both the equivalent of one month's rent).

Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 AM

my budget is prob 1200 a month, prob need to live on my own as i am flying my dog over aswell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston