Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,106 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
My husband and I are looking to relocate to the either the Boulder or Parker area (job dependent) we will be relocating at the end of September. I found several homes online im interested in and was wondering if anyone could give me additional information on the neighborhoods. We have two teenagers, so highschools are important to us. Never been to CO, feeling a little blind

Below are the homes were interested in;

Parker;

ColoradoHomeHelper :: MLS #514679 :: 6936 Chestnut Ct Parker Co 80134, PARKER

ColoradoHomeHelper :: MLS #470579 :: 41468 Apple Field Cir Parker Co 80138, PARKER

Boulder;

ColoradoHomeHelper :: MLS #546889 :: 939 Cascade Ave Boulder Co 80302, BOULDER

ColoradoHomeHelper :: MLS #523312 :: 5393 Oak Tree Ct Boulder Co 80301, BOULDER

ColoradoHomeHelper :: MLS #477947 :: 1610 Norwood Ave Boulder Co 80304, BOULDER

We have not picked out a REALTOR to work with yet, are waiting to hear back on what part of Colorado we will be living in before we dive into the real estate agent world. I will check back tomorrow!

Thanks for all your help!

Linda S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I'm not terribly familiar with Parker, but I can give you some info about Boulder. It's more of a "city" than a suburb in feel, though it's more suburban than central Denver. Boulder has two high schools, both are highly rated by those who consider that stuff important. Lots of National Merit Scholars, AP scholars, etc. Boulder High is what you would call "diverse". It has all kinds of students. Fairview is more "preppy" (if you have to label them). The Boulder Valley School District website is www.bvsd.org. It will show the attendance areas and other information. I personally find the website a little difficult to navigate, but be persistent.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:00 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Boulder is a small city and or County. School system one of the best in the state. Boulder real estate brokers would unlikely be familiar with Parker, and vice versa. Boulder has a great University. Lots of outdoor activities. Boulder is more relaxed, laid back.

Parker is a nice city in Douglas County. School system one of the best in the state. Lots of outdoor activities. More of a family friendly old west - cowboy kind of place.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM

151 posts, read 714,503 times
Parker is still partially, albeit decreasingly, rural, e.g. there are still some horse-friendly properties around there. Boulder is increasing urban, fairly sophistocated and uptown (as pittnurse70 said -- more city than suburb in feel). It's also more expensive, you're going to pay big time for the emenities and "culture". Whether it's worth it to you or not is your personal choice. Serious disclaimer: I live in Boulder, but boiught my house just before it lost its hippy, small town charm and became "sophistocated" and expensive. It costs extra (check out "hidden" costs such as property taxes etc.) to live here but is, to some of us, well worth it.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:02 PM

And just to make it more confusing for you, Boulder has some suburbs that are very nice, all in good school districts (there are only two in Boulder Co): Niwot (St. Vrain Valley SD), Louisville, Lafayette, and Superior (Boulder Valley School District).

Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM

592 posts, read 2,243,743 times
Parker ! Rated one of the top places to live in the country. Douglas county schools are rated tops in the state. You will love it !

Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,898 times
Boulder and Parker? Kind of an odd combination, as they're complete opposites in many ways... think hippies and patchouli on one side and minivans full of tykes going to soccer practice on the other. One town is safe Dem-territory, and the other voted in Tom Tancredo. See what I mean?

Both have their pluses and minuses. When you visit, you'll see; the two places are just such polar opposites that you'll know instantly which one you prefer.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 PM

68 posts, read 363,503 times
parker is no as expensive to live in as Boulder is...and yeah boulder is full of hippies and yuppies..LOL

Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 AM

739 posts, read 2,948,837 times
I agree w/ tfox- the 2 cities couldn't be more different... chains versus some of the top rated restaurants in country, eclectic shops vs big box stores, zero growth policies vs sprawl, .... you can see which one I prefer but you need to see them both to make your own choice

Old 08-08-2007, 07:05 PM

There are plenty of chains in Boulder, too, also Big Boxes. Go to Home Depot on a Sunday morning. Most of the stores in 29th St. are chains. Many of the restaurants are chains and there are umpteen Starbuck's around. Boulder does not have a "zero growth" policy. In fact, at the moment, I don't think they have any particular growth policy. Haven't been to Parker in a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area