Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times

Advertisements

OK, I'll bite since no one else has (fools rush in, etc!). St Vrain schools are fine. You will find some who say they're not, but their students go to the top colleges like kids from everywhere else. Several of their high schools are small, like Frederick.

The area you refer to is nice, and is growing. There are lots of families there. I work in a pediatrician's office, and a lot of our patients live in Erie.

I really don't know why houses are less expensive there than in Highlands Ranch. I have lived in the north area my entire 27 yrs in Colorado, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the southern suburbs. I like it up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 AM

4 posts, read 11,749 times
Default Erie Village a good choice

I live in Erie Village, an architecturally unique community about 4 minutes from I-25 and E-470 (to get to DTC-Greenwood Village) 30 minutes from Denver and 15 minutes from Boulder. Every home in EV is within 5 or 6 houses of a park, tail or open space. The mountain views are stunning and you can see foxes, owls, eagles, horses and balloonists. Resale homes in EV start at $350,000 and you don't have to put in landscaping or blinds. New homes run about $600,000. There are some beautiful resales available (check out 1314 Washburn. Also EV has a social committee and they host get together such as women's night out, halloween parties, etc. It's a great place to live. CHeck it out.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:00 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,421,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon51 View Post
I live in Erie Village, an architecturally unique community about 4 minutes from I-25 and E-470 (to get to DTC-Greenwood Village) 30 minutes from Denver and 15 minutes from Boulder. Every home in EV is within 5 or 6 houses of a park, tail or open space. The mountain views are stunning and you can see foxes, owls, eagles, horses and balloonists. Resale homes in EV start at $350,000 and you don't have to put in landscaping or blinds. New homes run about $600,000. There are some beautiful resales available (check out 1314 Washburn. Also EV has a social committee and they host get together such as women's night out, halloween parties, etc. It's a great place to live. CHeck it out.
ohh, a forgotten New Urbanism neiborhood. lol

I have done MANY homes in there (designed) If you like Victorian Architecture that sub-division is defiantly your place. Beautifully modern "painted Lady's" Absolutely wonderfully neighborhood. My office has designed I think 25 or so of the homes in there.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:17 PM

698 posts, read 2,048,212 times
I love Erie Village, it's really fun and love the location--ruralish but still not too far from things. Do you think it can be considered a new urbanist neighborhood when it lacks the mixed-use component? I know there's an office building in there, but is there any retail? I have a neighbor here in Bradburn who moved from there and they loved it but were very disappointed that it didn't develop the retail portion (most new urbanist neighborhoods struggle with this, it's so much cheaper to finance and build a standard strip mall with crappy corporate architecture than to actually think about good design).

Can you walk to downtown Erie from there--I think you could but not sure. Also, most of the homes are not alley loaded (although they do a good job in most cases of not having the garage door dominate the facade I must say), and the streets are pretty wide from what I remember. LOVE the colors in there though; it's certainly not boring!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:35 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,421,672 times
ya know, if i remember correctly, there is/was a plan for mixed use in Erie Village. Its been a couple years since we our last project in there (just started two more a couple weeks ago in there) Downtown erie is at the longer end of a walking distance from the sub-division but it is walkable if you have the time. There are no alleys in there, but with the lot sizes out there it is pretty easy to make the garage more hidden in the design.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Last I heard, which was some time ago, Erie Village was trying to attract some retail. There is quite a bit of retail nearby in that shopping center on Highway 7 (can't remember the name), with a Sears/KMart, and a bunch of other stores. That may be why noone wants to locate within Erie Village. IMO, it is not bad to have that kind of shopping a few miles away.

There is not much in downtown Erie, as I remember it.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 PM
txp

15 posts, read 49,524 times
Default Broomfield - Anthem Highlands/Commute/School Questions

I am looking to buy a house and liked what I saw at Anthem Highlands in Broomfield. Can anyone answer the following questions?

1) How bad is the commute to downtown denver in rush hour? Some posts say its not that bad, others say its a parking lot from 120th. I might be willing to take the HOT lane.

2) Does Anthem Highlands and/or Pulte have a good reputation?

3) Is the Adams 12 5 Star school district a good district?

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM

30 posts, read 64,796 times
Any comments on the last post? Also wondering about the commute to LoDo.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM

73 posts, read 190,791 times
The area around the Broadlands development is the more traditional Newer Broomfield area and is excellent ......good values and schools and not the "New Frontier" like Anthym and Erie.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 AM

17 posts, read 31,820 times
I'm living in Erie right now, moving out of our house this weekend to move to Texas. I absolutely love Erie. I used to rent an apartment in Broomfield a while back, and it was a nice area too, but I love Erie way more. All the people I have met in my neighborhood are awesome, my neighbor even offers to mow our lawn during the summer just for the fun of it, how cool is that?!

I love how you can drive past farmland and wildlife as you come into the residential areas, it's so diverse! The Erie rec center is also really cool too.

Our house was built in 2001, so it's still really new and well-kept, I love how the houses out here are newer, unlike the mix with older homes in Broomfield. You get a lot for what you pay for out here too.

I'm excited to move, but I am so going to miss our house. It is perfect in every way!

Erie rocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area