Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times

Advertisements

Welcome to both you newcomers!

meowen: It will get better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 AM

39 posts, read 67,696 times
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofjerz View Post
We moved here in late June and didn't know anyone either. But everyone here is super friendly and we all made friends right away. The good news is the flow of rush hour traffic seems to come into to Boulder from Denver on 36 in the morning. So you should have a smooth ride to Denver and Thornton. Boulder is amazing! Everything I thought it would be. Good luck
We moved here in March and we so agree with you, Boulder is everything we dreamed it would be and more.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 AM

Default Been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much...I just got here Thursday and I go from loving it to thinking it may have been a horrible mistake every day .I guess that comes with the territory of moving though. It's been harder on me than I expected. Once my partner finds a job hopefully ill be able to relax, not worry about money and enjoy my surroundings a little more!
I was so where your at when we first came to Boulder last March. It took time to feel connected and for my partner to find work and we stayed 3 months in a hotel trying to find the right apartment we could afford. But all of it was worth it and people tell me I have "the Boulder Glow" because I am so in love with Boulder. The sunshine and happy people here makes it home in no time. Good luck and take heart anything worth doing is not easy but well worth it in the end.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 AM

Default I never met such great people in my life

I was so afraid when we came to Boulder from Seattle we'd meet all these Boulder Snobs. Where are they? after 9 months here we have yet to meet any and everyone we meet is so happy and friendly. Gotta love Boulder and the people are great! The best part was last spring, summer, and fall. Pearl St. Mall and Central park was just the best fun we ever had. Street Vendors, Street Performers, Wed and Sat Markets, band on the bricks, tubing on the creek on hot summer days... on and on... never a dull moment in Boulder. My favorite thing to do is sit in the courtyard of the courthouse on Pearl and just people watch.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Welcome to both you newcomers!
meowen: It will get better.

@ Meowen, I think the first 3 months are the hardest. It's a big adjustment. Also, you moved in the middle of an arctic cold blast and a series of snowstorms. That had to be a real eye opener for you! It is not always like this in early December, believe me. This coming weekend will be more like normal.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 AM

936 posts, read 2,070,102 times
Thanks Neditate: I'm already in higher spirits today because its sunny and my furniture and internet will arrive today!
I think I will be fine and I will love boulder..especially once my BF finds a job and we can enjoy life without money worries!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:05 PM

724 posts, read 1,935,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
Thanks Neditate: I'm already in higher spirits today because its sunny and my furniture and internet will arrive today!
I think I will be fine and I will love boulder..especially once my BF finds a job and we can enjoy life without money worries!
That's always the biggest worry for everyone. But hang in there and we're pulling for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area