Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:35 AM

29 posts, read 134,450 times

Advertisements

I know someone personally who was beaten so bad they were uncon in the snow bank till someone found this person and called an ambulance. All because it was college students from outta of state thinking this person was gay...

Boulder is a great place ~ I Love it ... I would raise my kids there again ....

But some of the CU students from out of state have really bad attitudes toward the gay/lesbian communities....

Good Luck ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM

9 posts, read 296,519 times
Default Thoughts

I have known Gay couples/Singles in both Denver and Boulder, and both seemed very happy. Probably everywhere you go, you can find some article about a hatecrime. Its very sad and unfortunate that people do not accept people for who they are. My Father lived in Boulder for many years and loved it as a straight very open minded single. The community was friendly and very Earth concious. Denver has more gay bars, and probably a larger population of gay people. I hope this helped, and let me know if you need anything else, or have any questions.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,948 times
i am a moroccan gay guy well i want to moving on to boulder & i dont know any one there any help

Old 10-30-2010, 09:38 PM

724 posts, read 1,933,351 times
It's unfortunate that a certain unnamed political based fringe movement is being encouraged to fear and hate, I have no doubt that it's stoked people who don't have the intellect or experience to know better.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 AM

163 posts, read 576,752 times
Default Would love to have gay men friends

I'm hetro and so is my life partner. He wants us to move to Boulder this next spring. I have a gay son who lives in Vegas and a gay brother in law living in Boulder. I am a 57 yr old lady and artist and I would love to have some gay men friends when I get to Boulder. You guys get me and my art better than anyone. I can't wait to meet the gay community in Boulder and Denver.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,724 times
My partner and I are moving to boulder in the summer. I would like to know which is the best gay friendly neighborhood to live. I am 35 and he is 31. I will appreciate your advice . Also, I would like to live in a neighborhood that have coffee shops and restaurants close by. Again thanks .

Old 01-06-2015, 10:32 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suarez View Post
My partner and I are moving to boulder in the summer. I would like to know which is the best gay friendly neighborhood to live. I am 35 and he is 31. I will appreciate your advice . Also, I would like to live in a neighborhood that have coffee shops and restaurants close by. Again thanks .
I would think anywhere within walking distance of the Pearl St. Mall. Much of central Boulder is very walkable. We live in Denver, but go to Boulder every now and then. I could definitely see myself living there.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:59 PM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCheeze View Post
Boulder is accepting of Gays, and what ever other wacko thing they think you have to do (but if you don't think like they do then they aren't very "accepting"). I am not much of a Boulder fan.

I also have a gay co-worker who lives in Boulder, and he hates it there. Not because of any anti-gay issues, but because of all the other stupidity that goes on there. The only reason he still lives there is because he inherited a house from his Grandmother.

Find some place else. I suspect that other than very specific area's (such as maybe in the Co. Springs area) you won't have any problems with be accepted. From what I have seen, the vast majority of us straighties simply don't care. But you're going to have your moronic homophob's where ever you go though.
What stupidity goes on there?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:01 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,114 times
Who knows? Who cares?
Just some guy with an ax to grind. Hasn't been active on the forums in over 6 years.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:10 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
I am shocked to find out that gays live in Boulder.
You should write to Congressman Jared Polis and complain about this deplorable situation.

Last edited by davebarnes; 01-24-2015 at 07:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: