Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM

12 posts, read 32,630 times

Advertisements

Looking for great advise.... Moving from Texas to Colorado, but where? We can live anywhere that satisfies these needs:
1. Great Family Life, opportunites for children activities
2. Good Schools
3. Smaller, tight community, ability to walk places
4. Neighborhoods with community centers, open spaces, hiking trails, neighborhood events
5. Open minded ~ New Age influence community

I'd love to live somewhere I can participate in group yoga in a beautiful open space in the morning, then send my kids to a good educational school, and after school we can walk to the local community center to play the seasons sport, and walking home pick up a few groceries. LoveBoulder, butmay be too expensive and not quite as "CHILD" friendly as other surrounding areas!

THANKS!!!!! Amber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 02:38 PM

34 posts, read 109,058 times
My first question would be what is your budget for housing? Because I guarantee you will find quite a few cities on the Front Range that will suite your liking. Problem being though, it may come at quite a sticker shock coming from Texas. On the most part, Colorado housing is quite a bit more expensive than Texas.
Secondly, where will your job be? What part of the state and how long are you willing to commute?

Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 PM

12 posts, read 32,630 times
We work from Home. And yes we've noticed a huge difference in housing. We want to stay around $300K. We like the thought of bradburn village. What other places do you suggest we search?

Old 02-14-2010, 03:17 PM

26,233 posts, read 49,118,040 times
In the COLO SPGS forum, you may want to read up on Manitou Springs, a small eclectic town at the base of Pikes Peak, not more than 5 miles from downtown COLO SPGS. It's a sort of hippie-ish, new agey place, also a tourist destination in summer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:48 PM

698 posts, read 2,049,043 times
Hi Amber,

I'm in Bradburn and yep, it sure does fill all your requirements, including a yoga studio right in the neighborhood (Bikram--hot yoga) as well as a resident who holds yoga classes for the neighborhood in our community center. I wouldn't call us "new age" but neighborhood is full of fun friendly folks who I would say are open minded. And the kids, ho boy do we have that covered. Neighborhood is kid heaven, seriously. Lots and lots of work at home folks here too, there's always people around even during the week if you don't like the isolated feel that can come from working at home.

Adjacent to the Big Dry Creek Open space which has awesome trails that go on forever for biking/hiking/running. You can also easily walk to Sprouts organic grocer which, while not as "high end" as Whole Foods, is a whole heck of a lot more reasonable pricewise.

You might also have a look at the Holiday neighborhood in Boulder which is another new urbanist (mixed-use/walkable) development. It is more expensive than Bradburn but they do have a lot of price controlled housing because of the insane Boulder housing market.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have specific Bradburn questions.

Good Luck!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM

34 posts, read 109,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradeshows View Post
We work from Home. And yes we've noticed a huge difference in housing. We want to stay around $300K. We like the thought of bradburn village. What other places do you suggest we search?
Not sure how much house you will need for 300k but Bradburn is in the mid to higher 300s. Stapleton is also similar in tastes but could be in the same price range. Highlands Ranch is a great place to look also.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 PM

3 posts, read 7,061 times
Default Try lafayette

Lafayette is close to Boulder has good schools, trails, and shopping. We moved from Boulder to Lafayette a few years ago and love it. Our kids have more friends in the neighborhood and so do we. Check out the Indian Peaks area and around Waneka Lake (which has the best park in Boulder County).

Old 02-27-2010, 04:10 PM

2,888 posts, read 7,142,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousconsumer View Post
Lafayette is close to Boulder has good schools, trails, and shopping. We moved from Boulder to Lafayette a few years ago and love it. Our kids have more friends in the neighborhood and so do we. Check out the Indian Peaks area and around Waneka Lake (which has the best park in Boulder County).
Just want to add that Lafayette schools are in the same excellent school district, Boulder Valley School District, as Boulder, Louisville, Superior, and parts of Broomfield. Lafayette also has housing options ranging from the least expensive trailer parks up to multi-million dollar golf course and acreage horse properties.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM

7 posts, read 18,856 times
Louisville might fit your tastes. I'd check it out.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:27 PM

9 posts, read 15,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradeshows View Post

HI,
what do you do to work from home? are there any good online jobs to work from home? thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area