Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 AM

39 posts, read 158,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptos View Post
We're doing the same commute in a carpool!
A regular drive in in the morning (7:45 AM) is about 45 mins, since we get to use the HOV lanes on US-36 & I-25.
The return drive leaving at about 4:45 PM takes 1 hour.

An accident throws everything off-balance. Look at alternatives (I-225 to I-70 to I-270 particularly on the return, or the C-470 - CO 93 route).
On horrendously bad traffic days, we have used E-470 to come back home. $12, 60+ miles one-way, but worth the peace of mind!
Thanks I totally forgot about those HOV lanes and I am also probably going to try to carpool to save on the environment, gas, and my sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Galaril has confused an earlier post in a different thread about South High School in Denver, a part of DPS and South Street Elementary School in Castle Rock, a part of DCSD.

Suffice it to say they are not the same, and should not be confused for each other.
Dan6200alt stated:

Crystal Valley is nice and I agree that it will be pretty popular before long. In the interum, however, just be aware that (to my understanding at least) kids would be going to South Elementary until something else is built. South is (IMO) crap and this is where all the non english speaking kids go.

Link:
see last post page 3
https://www.city-data.com/forum/color...le-rock-3.html

Old 07-07-2007, 08:33 AM

11,833 posts, read 34,457,558 times
I'd be interested in a statistical matchup between schools - what elementary school are you considering up north?

Old 07-07-2007, 09:54 AM

That is a good question. I will try to find it but the south street school when I looked it in the School Accountability Report "up was the only in school "rated" as average in Castlerock.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaril View Post
That is a good question. I will try to find it but the south street school when I looked it in the School Accountability Report "up was the only in school "rated" as average in Castlerock.
I would not put a great deal of importance on these school ratings. The school report tells you nothing about how your kids will do in a school, it tells how the kids as a group did on one test. As a parent, I know it is normal to want what is best for one's kids; I know I always did (and still do!). But the school rankings are not the only criteria in choosing a school.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I would not put a great deal of importance on these school ratings. The school report tells you nothing about how your kids will do in a school, it tells how the kids as a group did on one test. As a parent, I know it is normal to want what is best for one's kids; I know I always did (and still do!). But the school rankings are not the only criteria in choosing a school.

I agree but since that is the only real empirical evidence we have to go on from a distance it will have to be enough in this case. Really, to be honest I myself am looking for reason to narrow our search of potnetial home sites down so anytime I can narrow it done it is helpful.
Overall, I am certain that Castlerock is a great, great place to live and haven't meant to put it down.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
I agree but since that is the only real empirical evidence we have to go on from a distance it will have to be enough in this case. Really, to be honest I myself am looking for reason to narrow our search of potnetial home sites down so anytime I can narrow it done it is helpful.
Overall, I am certain that Castlerock is a great, great place to live and haven't meant to put it down.

I can understand your reasoning, it's sort of like trying to pick a college. But I wouldn't live 40 miles away from my job because of it. There are other schools in CR if you don't like that one, for whatever reason. If the kids aren't too old, and it sounds like they're not since you're looking at elementary schools, you could rent for a yr while looking for that "best place". Kids make friends easily; I've seen the "new kid" suddenly become the most popular kid in a class.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post

I can understand your reasoning, it's sort of like trying to pick a college. But I wouldn't live 40 miles away from my job because of it. There are other schools in CR if you don't like that one, for whatever reason. If the kids aren't too old, and it sounds like they're not since you're looking at elementary schools, you could rent for a yr while looking for that "best place". Kids make friends easily; I've seen the "new kid" suddenly become the most popular kid in a class.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM

22 posts, read 106,006 times
Louisville to DTC? No, no, no, and no. There is no reason to live all the way on the northwest side of a town and commute to the southeast. You should either find a reason to stay up there or if you are tied to the DTC, move into the southeast area.

There are other places in Castle Rock besides Crystal Valley Ranch if you dont like the school. I will keep most of my personal feelings out if this, but I went to that elemetary school. Let's just say I find your reasons for not going to this school very troubling. It's true that there is an hispanic population in the area around the school. I lived in the same neighborhood until I left for college and had nothing but a wonderful experience with my neighbors. However, the schools in the meadows or founders are all white if that is what you are concerned about.

I'm also not sure what you are getting at when you said Castle Rock was like a New Mexican desert...If I even read that correctly? There are no dust storms.

Last edited by soonermeteor; 07-08-2007 at 08:41 PM..

Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,982,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermeteor View Post
I'm also not sure what you are getting at when you said Castle Rock was like a New Mexican desert...If I even read that correctly? There are no dust storms.
It looks a bit like some of the rugged, hilly areas around Santa Fe or Las Vegas. Why that would be a bad thing I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area