Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:30 PM

39 posts, read 158,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermeteor View Post
Louisville to DTC? No, no, no, and no. There is no reason to live all the way on the northwest side of a town and commute to the southeast. You should either find a reason to stay up there or if you are tied to the DTC, move into the southeast area.

There are other places in Castle Rock besides Crystal Valley Ranch if you dont like the school. I will keep most of my personal feelings out if this, but I went to that elemetary school. Let's just say I find your reasons for not going to this school very troubling. It's true that there is an hispanic population in the area around the school. I lived in the same neighborhood until I left for college and had nothing but a wonderful experience with my neighbors. However, the schools in the meadows or founders are all white if that is what you are concerned about.

I'm also not sure what you are getting at when you said Castle Rock was like a New Mexican desert...If I even read that correctly? There are no dust storms.
Well, first I meant no disrespect to you or any one else in reference to my original post. My concerns were not clearly stated. Let me say I am not a racist, which I fear my post may have painted me as. Though, I am white I am married to an Asian and we have two children who are multi racial . I was alittle concerned about living ina more conservative area and/or white part area for fear of at the least strange stares. I am all for racial diversity and don't really want my kids going to an all white school, or all hispanic etc. Originally, we had thought being the boulder area is a liberal area the schools would be somewhat racial diverse but that appears to not be the case from what I have now heard.
And as far as the commute having driven it now a few times to "test" the various routes. I am not too worried for twice a week max trips to DTC. One of the big draws to the Boulder area is the fact that I am triatlete and that area is a haven for the sport. Also, the Flatirons are pretty nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 AM

22 posts, read 106,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaril View Post
And as far as the commute having driven it now a few times to "test" the various routes. I am not too worried for twice a week max trips to DTC. One of the big draws to the Boulder area is the fact that I am triatlete and that area is a haven for the sport. Also, the Flatirons are pretty nice

Yes, no denying the flatirons are gorgeous! However, I'd still be a concerned about the route. With gas prices the way they are, I would want to avoid the drive. That being said, it is only two trips and if the location is important then its enough to make the sacrifice.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,463 times
Default moving to Centennial

I noticed you said you commute into Downtown from orchard? We are looking to move to the Centennial area Dry creek/County line and I will be working in the city? How long is the commute normally? Is it a reverse commute?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM

625 posts, read 1,390,639 times
WHy Boulder/Louisville?? To the Tech Center? Wow, you'll be on the highway a lot!

Is there a reason to only look at the suburbs? Denver is a city with many beautiful old neighborhoods of bungalows on tree-lined streets. There must be neighborhoods in Denver that would give you a quality, open-mined and multi-ethnic living environment with lots of educated parents around. The area around University of Denver is not far from the Tech Center. Old Pearl Street? Englewood? You may even be able to bike or take the light rail. Highlands (NOT Highlands Ranch) in NW Denver ... Lowry? Stapleton? Housing might be a bit more expensive in Denver, but likely cheaper than the cost of Boulder County + gas for commuting.

To be honest I know Denver public schools are not the best - but there must be some good ones? I'm sure there are charter schools. I'm unfortunately not that familiar with Denver.

Honestly, I don't know much about Littleton or Lakewood, but these are 'burbs that may not be too far. Littleton has an old town, but I think it's also not very diverse.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:18 AM

1 posts, read 793 times
Let's re-evaluate this for 2016.

I'm the same age thinking about doing the same this year 2016.

I'm 38, dog owner, not really interested in drinking/dating/coupling. I just want to grow old somewhere for a while and I'm not a beach person.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:09 AM

958 posts, read 1,148,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoi yo ma View Post
Let's re-evaluate this for 2016.

I'm the same age thinking about doing the same this year 2016.

I'm 38, dog owner, not really interested in drinking/dating/coupling. I just want to grow old somewhere for a while and I'm not a beach person.
LOL. I just realized why people were claiming a 45 min commute to dtc. Its because this thread is from 2007! Much more traffic these days. Even in a carpool it will suck. Dont do it. Plenty of tech work in boulder and broomfield area and more coming once google ramps up further which will attract more tech.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:51 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,948,966 times
According to google it will take you 50-75 minutes to drive from Boulder to DTC in the mourning.

If you lived close to the table mesa park n ride in Boulde, then mass transit would take about 90 minutes.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:52 AM

670 posts, read 1,173,668 times
My then bf did it back in the late 90s from Boulder and it was a ****** then. Can't imagine how awful it is now!

Old 01-29-2016, 09:53 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,681,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
According to google it will take you 50-75 minutes to drive from Boulder to DTC in the mourning.

If you lived close to the table mesa park n ride in Boulde, then mass transit would take about 90 minutes.
And that's in good weather. Double those times when there's a snow storm!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:31 AM

1,260 posts, read 2,045,769 times
I see some crazy people taking a bus downtown and transferring to light rail, clearly heading to DTC. Must take them about 1.5 from Louisville. But they don't have to drive, and they work on a bus - a lot are taking calls or respond to emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area