Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 01:59 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,798 times

Advertisements

I follow Floyd on Facebook and have noticed that the past few weeks he seemed to have been really, really, slacking from how he normally prepares for a fight. Maidana is no where near Mayweather's league when it comes to boxing skills and ability, but I was thinking this is prime time for a major upset.

This morning, I wake up and saw Floyd posting things about his breakup with that beautiful Ms. Jackson gal (whatever her name was). He said he broke up with her because she aborted his twins and he is against abortion, posted pic of the doctor/abortion info, then posted pics of her before her "surgeries" saying "this is what she looked like before all the surgeries I paid for". Dude sounded like he's gone over the deep end. Those pics have been removed, but one has to ask - has he really prepared himself for a world title fight? Or, does he think he can just phone this one in, because it is just Maidana after all and who poses no real thread?

I am a HUGE Mayweather fan, think he is definitely the best of this generation, but I really wonder if the planets are aligning to give Maidana a Buster Douglas type upset win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 02:20 PM

592 posts, read 802,945 times
I saw that he mentioned something about her having twins in the last all access episode. I'm a fan as well, but I can tell he's obviously been affected by this break up. He's talked a lot about settling down lately.. So you're right, Maidana is dangerous and Floyd better come ready.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Real classy of him to post about his wife's abortion on Facebook. Of course that is par for the course with Floyd, a real classless act. As for Maidana, please, he is a 12-1 underdog. His last four opponents were Broner, who defeated no one unless you count Malignaggi, Josesito Lopez with his 5 losses and no victories over anyone significant, a guy by the name of Angel Martinez with a 13-3-1 record, and the human punching bag of the division Soto-Karass with 7 losses. Prior to that he lost to Devon Alexander. Not exactly a stellar resume and the fact that he fights with his face out in front of him and throws wild, arching punches, he is tailor made for Floyd. Don't let Floyd's hype machine fool you. Maidana will be lucky to see the final bell.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 PM

119 posts, read 172,854 times
what's the point of watching tomorrow's fight if Floyd will win?

Old 05-05-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Real classy of him to post about his wife's abortion on Facebook. Of course that is par for the course with Floyd, a real classless act. As for Maidana, please, he is a 12-1 underdog. His last four opponents were Broner, who defeated no one unless you count Malignaggi, Josesito Lopez with his 5 losses and no victories over anyone significant, a guy by the name of Angel Martinez with a 13-3-1 record, and the human punching bag of the division Soto-Karass with 7 losses. Prior to that he lost to Devon Alexander. Not exactly a stellar resume and the fact that he fights with his face out in front of him and throws wild, arching punches, he is tailor made for Floyd. Don't let Floyd's hype machine fool you. Maidana will be lucky to see the final bell.
I I agree that it was crazy for him to put those pics up..but I have to correct you, she's not his wife.. and you missed a he'll of a fight if you thought Maidana stood no chance..

Old 05-05-2014, 02:44 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,825,302 times
Maidana arguably won. I know Floyd countered clean but Maidana had him beat up and bloody.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Maidana arguably won. I know Floyd countered clean but Maidana had him beat up and bloody.
He didn't win..

Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I I agree that it was crazy for him to put those pics up..but I have to correct you, she's not his wife.. and you missed a he'll of a fight if you thought Maidana stood no chance..
Fiancé, girlfriend, wife? Whatever she was to him he handled his business like a little jaded teenager. Putting his and her business out on social media. But I expect nothing less from this classless punk. As for the fight, I might watch it on Showtime this weekend. Regardless, everyone is making Maidana out to be better than he really is, when in fact he is a flat-footed slugger who throws wide loopy punches. He stands right in front of his opponents and throws punches in high volume.

Despite that, I like Maidana and I think he is an entertaining fighter. He was schooled by Khan and Alexander, but he has heart and comes to fight. He exposed Broner and took it to Floyd. If he had any kind of speed or quickness he probably wins this fight easily but I'll reserve that judgment until I actually see the fight. I doubt there wil be a rematch. With Khan unavailable for September due to Ramadan in July, that thins the herd of possible opponents which keeps getting narrower with each new dangerous opponent on Floyd's trail. Of course it's all up to Al Haymon and whoever he decides Floyd can fight.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,825,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
He didn't win..
Not on the judges scorecards, one of which was a DRAW.

But you have to ask yourself why a rematch was being discussed immediately at the post-fight conference with Mayweather himself saying he'd do it in September.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Not on the judges scorecards, one of which was a DRAW.

But you have to ask yourself why a rematch was being discussed immediately at the post-fight conference with Mayweather himself saying he'd do it in September.
It was very close.. However, Floyd won. And Floyd knows it was close, which is why he said he would be willing to rematch. I had Floyd winning 115-113.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing