Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

Mayweather calling for this fight, even set a date May 2. His terms are reasonable: that Pacman not make as much as him. I have always agreed with him that a Pacman with losses does not equal an undefeated Mayweather. If Pacman were smart, he would take this fight under Floyd's terms because frankly, it would mean more money than he could possibly get.

Of course, IMO Pacman has only a puncher's chance to beat Floyd. It is more likely than not, that this won't be enough to do more than just make for an exciting fight, as Floyd prevails.

Floyd Mayweather wants Manny Pacquiao fight on May 2 | FOX Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 09:32 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Bwahahaha! If you honestly believe Floyd wants this fight I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Notice in last nights interview prior to the Lara/Smith fight, Floyd immediately brought up old excuses...drug testing from five years ago, Manny's losses to Marquez and Bradley, lower PPV numbers. Floyd was getting noticeably agitated when Manny's name came up and came close to losing his composure. Any fool can see that Floyd is lining up his excuses already. He will make it look like he wants the fight, but when it is time for negotiations he will make unreasonable demands and try to make it seem as though it is Pacquiao's fault for not making the fight.

If you think Manny only has a puncher's chance, I guess you didn't see how close a fight Maidana gave him in the first fight. If slow, plodding, brawling Maidana can make it close, imagine what Pacquiao will do to him with his speed and footwork. Floyd insists that the champion in eight weight classes is not in his league, yet he won't make the fight that can make him the most money he's ever seen. Part of the blame goes to Showtime for giving him such a big guaranteed contract and allowing him to choose his own opponents. Take my word for it, this fight will never happen, and it will be Floyd who puts up the smoke and mirrors and finds a way out.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:10 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
This fight will never happen. They both will flap off at the mouth about how badly they want to fight each other, but realistically, it will never happen because Floyd is a d*ck!!

Ive been championing the talk about Mayweather being the best P4P fighter and how he would be anyone, but now, I am pulling a 180 and saying differently. He will NEVER fight Pacquiao. HE will always be the one to throw stupid demands and requests out there that will prevent this fight from happening. Like, "Arum will have to not be involved" or "I want 2/3rds of the purse..." etc. Jesus, Allah, Santa Claus, Buddah, Bigfoot and Aliens will more likely all have a sit down dinner together than these two "fighters" facing each other in the ring.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Ive been championing the talk about Mayweather being the best P4P fighter and how he would be anyone, but now, I am pulling a 180 and saying differently. He will NEVER fight Pacquiao. HE will always be the one to throw stupid demands and requests out there that will prevent this fight from happening.
Guess what, Floyd just announced that he will not fight Khan because no one has ever heard of him! Not sure how anyone can continue to make excuses for this clowns cowardly behavior. It was just earlier this year that he announced to his fans that they could choose his next opponent (they could only choose between Khan and Maidana), his fans chose Khan and Floyd went the other way. So if no one has ever heard of Khan, why did his own fans vote for him to fight Khan over Maidana? He really is a cowardly and pathetic excuse for a champion.

Floyd Mayweather says he is ready to fight Manny Pacquiao but dismisses Amir Khan talk | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-17-2014, 01:36 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
He knows Amir Khan would bust his ass. This is a clear ducking.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:24 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,578 times
Haha Amir Khan

Old 12-19-2014, 02:19 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
For the sake of a little play of words, let's just say that Amir Khan is nothing more than . . . A Mere Can!

Old 12-19-2014, 05:06 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
For the sake of a little play of words, let's just say that Amir Khan is nothing more than . . . A Mere Can!

LOL.

I have to admit, Khan's last fight was the most impressive he has EVER looked to me. But still, he would have no chance of beating Mayweather if they fought. That, and the fact that even if they did fight, no one would want to see it so it would probably be televised on a UHF public access channel because no one would pay for it.

I would like to see Khan fight someone like Cotto, Thurman, Alvarez or even Pacquiao (all of whom would destroy him) before thinking he should be paired up against Mayweather. Home boy Khan is just trying to find a high money fight instead of proving he belongs in the ring with Mayweather.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:56 PM

There would actually be enough meat on the bone for Showtime to make a profit if Mayweather fought Khan. Amir has a strong following among Brits, and regardless of what Mayweather spouts, even casual fans know who Khan is. Mayweather has fought lesser opposition than Khan...Ortiz, Alvarez, Guerrero, Maidana 2X, and several others. I don't think Khan can beat him, but he will give him a competitive fight and frustrate him. It's not as though Mayweather is a big power puncher, and he certainly isn't a volume puncher. Floyd has run out of stiffs and safe fights at 147, so if he doesn't fight Manny or Khan, he won't be able to sniff one million PPV sales. CBS and Showtime have to be pressuring him to step up. Don't be surprised if Floyd looks to break his contract and retire for the third time in his career.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:48 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,578 times
Put Khan vs Thurman on the May Pac co main event
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing