Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I wouldn't watch this not even on someone else's dime. This will be another Mayweather sprint event. Hussein Bolt would have trouble keeping up with Mayweather.

Get over yourself! Please come down off that high silly horsey you're riding on. I would definitely watch on someone's dime and also eat their food too.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:42 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
I'd watch it free, at a bar somewhere, I suppose.

They're both a couple circus shows in regards to their loud mouths. I would love to see Money get put on his back but it's not going to happen.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and Connor will kick him in the balls? That alone would be worth seeing. Then a straight out Golota-Bowe brawl/race riot in the ring ensuing.

That would be bloody good fun.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:04 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Too risky - CM knows what he is doing by picking FM. Old, inactive, no KO power, non-aggressive, and don't forget MORE MONEY - that is after all Floyd's name.
It's a two-way street. FM is also picking CM. FM knows that CM will draw a big turnout. He also knows that CM knows how to sell a fight unlike Pacquio, Canelo, etc. Usually in FM's fight, he is the main person selling the fight. On this fight, you have 2 fighters that are skilled in hyping and selling a fight.

Look at Canelo and GGG. Any hype, news, etc about that fight. No! Why? They both barely speak English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
One way in which I think it will help boxing is that perspective will be finally realized - FM can elevate the sport by demonstrating that it is a sweet science when he makes CM look silly. And it will all be done by a 40 year old inactive showman. It will straighten out all the BS hype surrounding MMA and CM. And I'm a fan of CM but let's be real most people operate on religious fanery - that's a new word I just made up.
You have to remember FM and CM are fighting with strictly boxing rules. A true testament would be a free to use any skill combat fight. 2 fighters highly skilled and rank in their respected sport fighting in an any style fight. FM would lose that fight. In a strictly boxing rule, CM loses since he doesn't have the years of experience that FM has in boxing.

The best form of combat is something like MMA. A combat style that uses every tool a human has in a fight.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:25 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I wouldn't watch this not even on someone else's dime. This will be another Mayweather sprint event. Hussein Bolt would have trouble keeping up with Mayweather.

Do a little research about what boxing is all about. There you will see some boxing fundamentals such as bobbing, weaving, ducking, dodging, counter-punching, making opponents miss, blocking, shoulder roll, foot work, stance, cutting corners, etc. New casual boxing fans confuse defense with "running". Unless you think a good boxer is the one who stands still and lets opponents hit him or stands in the middle of the ring to throw punches nonstop. Google "best boxing defense" or "best boxers" and tell me who's name appears in those lists. Go watch another sport that is easier to understand.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 PM

397 posts, read 319,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
In an effort to save everyone the disappointment and the money, I am advocating to all my fellow Boxing enthusiasts to not buy the fight if it happens. This is a historic mismatch. I see this match as a circus more than a fight. Furthermore, I think McGregor is highly overrated. I firmly believe this is another "white hope" thing. The only interesting point to this fight is how many punches McGregor can land. Not counting jabs, I predict that he lands 10 punches.

Don't buy the fight!
I don't see it as a white hope fight. I think most of the people who proclaim Conor will win are basically trolls. It's not about him being white, it's that he brings more hype and eyeballs than any boxer that Floyd could fight. It's also an easy fight. An easy fight where he makes the most money. Sign me up.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:57 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Do a little research about what boxing is all about. There you will see some boxing fundamentals such as bobbing, weaving, ducking, dodging, counter-punching, making opponents miss, blocking, shoulder roll, foot work, stance, cutting corners, etc. New casual boxing fans confuse defense with "running". Unless you think a good boxer is the one who stands still and lets opponents hit him or stands in the middle of the ring to throw punches nonstop. Google "best boxing defense" or "best boxers" and tell me who's name appears in those lists. Go watch another sport that is easier to understand.
Great post! Thankyou!

Old 07-13-2017, 12:48 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
McGregor is definitely a better trash talker, that's for sure. Haven't really been following this much, but from what I saw of the press conference highlights he owned Mayweather.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:11 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
McGregor is definitely a better trash talker, that's for sure. Haven't really been following this much, but from what I saw of the press conference highlights he owned Mayweather.
I didn't feel like he owned Mayweather. All McGregor talked about was how boxing wasn't a real fight.

Okay...well this is what you signed up for. You didn't sign up for a "real fight," so what is McGregor even talking about?

It's like Mayweather saying he would beat McGregor at basketball. Okay. Great.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:30 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I didn't feel like he owned Mayweather. All McGregor talked about was how boxing wasn't a real fight.

Okay...well this is what you signed up for. You didn't sign up for a "real fight," so what is McGregor even talking about?

It's like Mayweather saying he would beat McGregor at basketball. Okay. Great.
Just my perception, he just looked way more at ease and confident, and definitely appeared to get on Floy'ds nerves more than the other way around. Obviously I think Floyd is gonna beat his ass, but McGregor just seems like a better trash talker.

I think saying he's better at a real fight is good trash talk. People refer to boxing as a "fight" anyway. He knows he'd beat Floyd's ass in MMA and Floyd knows it too, so why not dig at him with it? Floyd opened himself up to it with his whole "I'll meet you in a ring, Octagon, anywhere" line (I'm paraphrasing.)

Floyd just looked like a dumb ass rolling out and yelling about his paychecks. And of course McGregor easily comes back at him by making fun of him about his taxes.

Overall I just thought he had way better swag, and Floyd looked pouty.

I'm not really a big follower of either sport (I'll watch a big fight here and there, and I used to follow UFC a lot more) but as a casual observer, McGregor I think just came off looking way better than Floyd.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:03 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Just my perception, he just looked way more at ease and confident, and definitely appeared to get on Floy'ds nerves more than the other way around. Obviously I think Floyd is gonna beat his ass, but McGregor just seems like a better trash talker.

I think saying he's better at a real fight is good trash talk. People refer to boxing as a "fight" anyway. He knows he'd beat Floyd's ass in MMA and Floyd knows it too, so why not dig at him with it? Floyd opened himself up to it with his whole "I'll meet you in a ring, Octagon, anywhere" line (I'm paraphrasing.)

Floyd just looked like a dumb ass rolling out and yelling about his paychecks. And of course McGregor easily comes back at him by making fun of him about his taxes.

Overall I just thought he had way better swag, and Floyd looked pouty.

I'm not really a big follower of either sport (I'll watch a big fight here and there, and I used to follow UFC a lot more) but as a casual observer, McGregor I think just came off looking way better than Floyd.
im not terribly excited for this fight. i expect floyd wins. i dont think he will KO anyone ever again, but will point spar his way to a decision.

that said, conor is FAR FAR better at trash talk/promoting this fight. floyd is "promoting" simply by putting his name on it.

that said, this clip was hilarious. even floyds" entourage" was laughing

Conor McGregor To Mayweather: You're 40 Carrying A Schoolbag. You Can't Even Read (VIDEO) | Total Pro Sports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.