Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 09:46 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,891,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Ali would have gotten so far into Tyson's demented mind that Tyson would be owned by Ali by the time they stepped in the ring. At best Tyson is mentally disturbed but he is also is borderline retarded. Ali would have come up with some mind game that would have Tyson defeated by the time he stepped between the ropes. I am not sure what the angle would be, maybe a voodoo curse, or maybe a hooker who would go public and say Mike's manhood was lacking size, I am not sure what it would be but Ali knew how to get into an opponent's mind and prey on their insecurities. But no matter what it was, Tyson would be taken in, his confidence eroded, he would be afraid, full of self doubt, the first time Ali hit him with a stiff jab all Mike's insecurities would come forward and he would hesitate and grow increasingly frustrated. Ali by TKO.
What would Ali have called Tyson? Midget Mike? Ali would have won easily. Like with Liston, Tyson would not have been able to hit him. Easy decision or possible late round TKO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 10:48 PM

8 posts, read 3,902 times
I think Muhammad Ali is gonna take the title. His hard work, determination, and confidence is way beyond.
He once said, "Don’t count the days; make the days count."
I totally agree with this. We should not just pass the days for the sake of living. We should make each day count.
Such great words from the very best.
PS: I got this quote from - https://sportsquotes.us/boxing

Old 04-19-2021, 07:39 AM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
I am a huge Ali fan - his speed and athleticism to move like that at his size, was just amazing, plus he had charm, whereas Tyson seemed a little psycho. Having said that, a prime Mike Tyson had tremendous punching power, and he was fast and very aggressive. He didn't do much dancing and pretty much began to try to take his opponent out starting soon after the opening bell. If Ali couldn't stay outside, or block or slip those bombs, there is no way that he could just absorb them, no one could.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:48 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,553,512 times
I'll take prime Tyson..

Old 05-17-2022, 05:11 PM

10,100 posts, read 1,022,094 times
A fight between a draft dodger and a rapist - to me they are both losers.

Old 05-24-2022, 03:45 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,525,991 times
Iron Mike easily beats Clay. Provided Tyson is trained by Rooney. Clay vs. Tyson would end up just like Tyson vs. Spinks. Both Clay & Spinks were overgrown light heavyweights.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:49 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarletPimpernel View Post
I am not an Ali fan, but the reality is Ali took Foreman's best shots and no less an authority than Holyfield said Foreman it harder than Tyson. I doubt Ali would have faltered at the hands of Tyson if he could take the even heavier handed Foreman's best shots.
Not the same at all. Foreman was a slugger. Tyson was a combination puncher. Even if Tyson is only punching at 75% of Foreman's full power, he's throwing/landing way more punches, resulting in as much if not more cumulative damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tau2O1WHXhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQiUuVrXe_Y

Old 08-08-2022, 07:18 AM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,093 times
Jimmy Young beat Ali. Anyone catch that fight? During those years you had to basically knock the champ out to take his belt. So even though Young was far superior in this fight, Ali was given the win. I saw that fight.

The 15th round numbers suggested he did enough – more than enough: 23 of 56 overall for Young, 7 of 37 for Ali. The final figures also foreshadowed a Young victory; he threw more punches (752-594), landed more in every category (222-113 overall, 65-27 jabs, 157-86 power) and did so far more precisely (30%-19% overall, 15%-12% jabs, 51%-24% power). He finished stronger than Ali (46-12 overall, 32-7 power in the final two rounds) and the round-by-round breakdowns saw Young out-land Ali in 12 of the 15 rounds overall and compile cavernous edges in the other two categories (11-2-2 in jabs and 11-4 in power shots). Although Cosell reported that scores around ringside were mixed, the reporter covering the fight for the Associated Press saw the fight 69-66 for Young. (11)

Old 08-08-2022, 10:20 AM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Jimmy Young beat Ali. Anyone catch that fight? During those years you had to basically knock the champ out to take his belt. So even though Young was far superior in this fight, Ali was given the win. I saw that fight.

The 15th round numbers suggested he did enough – more than enough: 23 of 56 overall for Young, 7 of 37 for Ali. The final figures also foreshadowed a Young victory; he threw more punches (752-594), landed more in every category (222-113 overall, 65-27 jabs, 157-86 power) and did so far more precisely (30%-19% overall, 15%-12% jabs, 51%-24% power). He finished stronger than Ali (46-12 overall, 32-7 power in the final two rounds) and the round-by-round breakdowns saw Young out-land Ali in 12 of the 15 rounds overall and compile cavernous edges in the other two categories (11-2-2 in jabs and 11-4 in power shots). Although Cosell reported that scores around ringside were mixed, the reporter covering the fight for the Associated Press saw the fight 69-66 for Young. (11)
Point I was trying to make was that Ali wasn’t as great as some make him out to be. Norton was also in my opinion unfairly given an L in one of their fights where I and many feel he outfought Ali and I’m not referring to the fight where Norton won and Ali received a broken jaw.

I believe Tyson would beat Ali but some of that could be due to advancements in training and nutrition. Different eras. What would a prime Ali do with a prime Tyson Fury?

Old 08-27-2022, 08:16 AM

735 posts, read 407,850 times
Speaking of Tyson, I think it's funny when I hear people call him "the baddest man on the planet." His era lacked heavy weight competition. When he fought "real" competition he got spanked really bad so I dont get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing