Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:00 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times

Advertisements

According to Bozeman City job requirement raises privacy concerns (http://bit.ly/ljjS2 - broken link), the City of Bozeman is asking for all your login and password information on your employment application:

"'Please list any and all, current personal or business websites, web pages or memberships on any Internet-based chat rooms, social clubs or forums, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube.com, MySpace, etc.,” the City form states. There are then three lines where applicants can list the Web sites, their user names and log-in information and their passwords."

H/T: Big Sky Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:11 PM

61 posts, read 333,104 times
You have got to be joking me!!! Wow, soon they will want to install a camera in your home to see how you live before they hire you! Oops that might have just gave them something more to consider now!

In my opinion, that is none of their business unless it directly effects their job performance AFTER they are an employee!! That is almost as bad as some rule in some churches I have visited!! Goes to show how our country is getting more corrupt!!

Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,148,392 times
[Emphasis mine]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
According to Bozeman City job requirement raises privacy concerns (http://bit.ly/ljjS2 - broken link), the City of Bozeman is asking for all your login and password information on your employment application:

"'Please list any and all, current personal or business websites, web pages or memberships on any Internet-based chat rooms, social clubs or forums, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube.com, MySpace, etc.,” the City form states. There are then three lines where applicants can list the Web sites, their user names and log-in information and their passwords."
Bear in mind, that would include here at City-Data.com.

If it were to ever become legal, that's the day I will forever rip myself off the internet and look for a nice cave in the wilderness to live in. And you can bet it wouldn't be in Montana.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 PM
h&j

9 posts, read 49,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post

lol

H/T: Big Sky Blog
lol

Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
That is nuts!

Next they'll ask you for Mother in Laws Bra size followed by the next question as to why you know your mother in laws bra size.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Default Brouhaha erupts over Bozeman job requirement

In a follow-up Brouhaha erupts over Bozeman job requirement (http://tinyurl.com/knts33 - broken link), KBZK reports that " ... (C)ity offices were being deluged by people outraged about the matter." and "The City heard from Fox News, NPR, CBS and ABC Thursday."

Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,559,734 times
Not surprising given the fascistic blowhards that govern our city. They wanted to install traffic cameras until the state legislature smacked them down a notch too.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
seems to be a violation of your rights.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:32 AM

305 posts, read 869,556 times
In some law enforcement background investigations for employment these questions are asked. Not sure about the voluntary aspect of it....

But, this is new for Montana as apparently other states have dealt with it previously.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
I'm wondering if they would require the same from their current employees. If I wanted a job with the city of Bozoman I would most likely comply, then whether hired or not I would promptly change all of my passwords.
I wouldn't be real happy with those requirements but I don't have any skeletons in my closet and complying with those odd requirements would be better than being without a job. Personally I would never live in a city as large as Bozoman let alone work for the city. I remember a few jobs I had where I never even filled out an application, only a little tax form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman