Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times

Advertisements

May 18-20 things to do.

Lots of graduations this weekend. Not seeing a lot of fun things to do. There are some good movies on this week. Saw Dark Shadows the other day and it was pretty funny. Can't go wrong with Johnnie Depp.
Maybe go bowling? the zoo?

If you have kids time to register for some camps and swimming lessons. there is a big variety of camps out there-mostly day camps

Any ideas?

1. Get up early Saturday morning and head to the beach or just go out in the yard and watch the Space x launch targeted to go up about 4:55 AM.
Then go out for breakfast at Sun on the Beach, Friendlies, or Blueberry Muffin Restaurant etc.

2. Head down to the Barrier Island Sanctuary on the way to Sebastian Inlet
Barrier Island Sanctuary - Environmentally Endangered Lands (EEL)

3. Take a walk in Turkey Creek and check for aligaators and the manatees at Goode Park

4. Brevard county Manatees play the Fort Myers Miracles

5. Flower and Garden Show ends at EPCOT this weekend---concert is Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees

6. Star Wars Weekends at Disney Studios starts this weekend.

7. Jamaican me Crazy
Sat, May 19, 1pm – 9pm MILLIKEN'S REEF 683 Dave Nisbet Drive, Cape Canaveral
THE 506 CREW FROM BOB MARLEY'S CAFE, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CITY WALK WILL BE PERFORMING WITH DJ APACHE,

8. Almost forgot the Superboat Races in Cocoa Beach this weekend.....http://superboat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/12-Schedule-of-Events-5-3-122.pdf

Last edited by Rabflmom; 05-17-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 03:16 AM

So who else got up early to watch history in the making......unfortunately Space x was aborted right after engines fired up so no flight this morning. Oh, well, had to be up to go to work anyway....

Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 PM

96 posts, read 206,013 times
The hubs was up. He was disappointed after getting excited about it and then woke me up to share it all with me. Argh. I don't think he'll do this for the next one since he's not able to nap at work. lol!

Geeze - rabflmom. You get up early for work!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommster View Post
The hubs was up. He was disappointed after getting excited about it and then woke me up to share it all with me. Argh. I don't think he'll do this for the next one since he's not able to nap at work. lol!

Geeze - rabflmom. You get up early for work!
Sometimes........I work before the place is open to the public and sometimes like yesterday, we opened early. I'm a part time retiree so don't work everyday. I need my 2 cups of coffee before I can leave the house or I won't be smiling.

BTW I have only missed seeing a couple rockets in 30+ years....We even used to spend the night on the river up by Titusville for the early shuttles-even with a newborn.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 AM

BTW if anyone does the Ghost tour in Eau Gallie....let us know what it was like. Was it worth the money etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM

3 posts, read 10,187 times
Hello everybody, here is one place to post your event to people who are interested
in the Alternative Health happening in Brevard County.

Happenings Now - Orlando Alternative Health and Lifestyle Guide Directory

Enjoy,

ver7ex

Last edited by ver7ex; 05-24-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 AM

Looks like we might have some rain coming in this weekend to interfere with our picnics at the beach. Might want to find some indoor activities to do with your families this week. Bowling? movies? shopping?

Traditional Memorial Day parades and services: Entertainment | FLORIDA TODAY | floridatoday.com

Old 05-26-2012, 11:41 AM

334 posts, read 1,151,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Looks like we might have some rain coming in this weekend to interfere with our picnics at the beach. Might want to find some indoor activities to do with your families this week. Bowling? movies? shopping?

Traditional Memorial Day parades and services: Entertainment | FLORIDA TODAY | floridatoday.com
I was leaning toward indoor rock climbing:
Indoor Rock Climbing Gym - Central Florida's Premier Indoor Climbing Facility - On The Edge Rock Climbing Gym

I may also have to spend an afternoon at Broken Barrel drinking craft beer and taking advantage of the fact that their pool tables are free before 7.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Beaches were busy yesterdsay and today. Waves today had lots of surfers out so this old surf mom was out there watching her oldest and his friends. Always fun trying to get pics.

A few squalls made some of the beach goers run for cover but many just continued playing in the waater and digging in the sand.

Raining again now so time for Nascar in one room and the taped Indy 500 in the other room.
Thanks for the ideas JDoty,

Free pool at the Broken Barrel sounds good. Is that every day before 7?
Also thanks for posting about the Rock Climbing gym. Had no idea that place was there. The guys will have to check it out.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 PM

334 posts, read 1,151,971 times
Yes, pool is free before 7 every day.

We found another cool place today, although it's up in Oviedo so it doesn't technically meet the requirements of the thread... Anyway, it's a laser tag place near UCF, but instead of cheesy black light arenas like most laser tag places, they use the same highly realistic laser weapons that the military use for training exercises and run missions like humans vs. zombies, terrorists vs counterterrorists, assassins vs. bodyguards, etc. They have three arenas, one is an office with cubicals, one is a warehouse full of crates and oil barrels, and one is a bare-bones house. It was an absolute blast.

Hard Knocks - Beyond Laser Tag Your Indoor War

Don't let the cheesy website scare anyone off. It was very family friendly and there were a number of young kids playing. And the prices actually aren't as expensive as they first appear. We bought 60 minutes of laser tag, but this is actual play time. We were there 2 1/2 hours and used about 40 minutes of our time, with does carry over across multiple visits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County