Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 05:55 AM

232 posts, read 398,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
I found a fence company and I am using Freedom Air to replace my ac and heating. Also found a new lawn keeper near to my house.
Would you mind giving a mini-review of the contractors? The typical stuff: Name, Contact, Price/Budget sensitivity, schedule adherence, etc. The things a potential customer wants/needs to know.

Feel free to send as a private message if you don't want to post it publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:38 AM

249 posts, read 882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
Would you mind giving a mini-review of the contractors? The typical stuff: Name, Contact, Price/Budget sensitivity, schedule adherence, etc. The things a potential customer wants/needs to know.

I will most definitively do this for you after they do the work.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:41 AM

Awesome! Thank you!

Old 08-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post

Freedom Air was amazing! Everything promised was done. Works great and the price was $5900 for top of the line high efficiency heat and A/C. I did get the rebates and a discount. They were on time actually early and finished in one day.

The fence company was AAA Quality fence, I needed chain link taken down that was very old and new double board privacy fenc put in to match my other fencing. They did 60ft all in one day and that included cutting down a tree digging all the years of crap out and then installing the 6ft fence. They worked right through a terrible thunder storm with heavy rain. The price was $1535. They did all paper work.

My new hurricane shutters were done by Best Shutter Company. They are great as well. Not conversationalist but good hard workers. On time and done in two days. Around $6900 I think for 12 windows and two doors.

If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Next I will be looking for a roof company.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:17 AM

Awesome! Thanks for posting. This is the kind of thing we should be doing for each other in this forum.

Fencing: Did they pour concrete footings for the fence posts?

Roofing: We installed a new roof last year because our insurance company demanded we do so. We used Total Home Contractors - Roofing Division (321.452.9223), and we're very happy with them. On time and within budget. We used peel & stick for the underlayment (pretty much industry standard these days), along with Owens Corning Tru-Duration shingles. The price was $11,425 (after a $500 Angies List coupon), and included all wood and 3 off-ridge vents and a 25 year all-inclusive warranty. It worked out to less than $4.00/sq. ft, including porches, small patio area and garage.

I would use these folks again.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:17 PM

179 posts, read 459,492 times
JMC49 and clnewman,
This is fantastic information! Thank you both so much for the detailed accounting of your experiences with these companies. I am making notes of the companies you've used to your satisfaction; it's such a great help to members here. I appreciate you!

Old 08-30-2015, 02:41 PM

They did use concrete and the inspector checked this very thing to make sure it was done correctly. Passed inspection with flying colors.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:24 AM

137 posts, read 177,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Freedom Air was amazing! Everything promised was done. Works great and the price was $5900 for top of the line high efficiency heat and A/C. I did get the rebates and a discount. They were on time actually early and finished in one day.

The fence company was AAA Quality fence, I needed chain link taken down that was very old and new double board privacy fenc put in to match my other fencing. They did 60ft all in one day and that included cutting down a tree digging all the years of crap out and then installing the 6ft fence. They worked right through a terrible thunder storm with heavy rain. The price was $1535. They did all paper work.

My new hurricane shutters were done by Best Shutter Company. They are great as well. Not conversationalist but good hard workers. On time and done in two days. Around $6900 I think for 12 windows and two doors.

If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Next I will be looking for a roof company.

Did the fencing company give you a free estimate? We close on our house in Melbourne on the 30th and it's only 3/4 of the way fenced. We need to run some chain link to finish it off. I have two dogs so getting this done fast is very important.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:44 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl815 View Post
Did the fencing company give you a free estimate? We close on our house in Melbourne on the 30th and it's only 3/4 of the way fenced. We need to run some chain link to finish it off. I have two dogs so getting this done fast is very important.
There has to be a better choice than chain link.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 AM

682 posts, read 717,693 times
DO NOT USE THAT AIR CONDITIONING COMPANY (FREEEDOM AIR CONDITIONING)!!!

We used them to put in a brand new unit into our home a few years ago. They had came to our home and were professional and nice when they wanted to sell us the unit. The man claimed to be part owner of the company. Well, we fell for it and let them put it in.
Turned out that the installer's put our unit in wrong...they didn't replace a part that needed replacing. We had a warranty so we called them up to come and fix it. I'm not sure if the gentleman who had came to see us was having a bad day or what, but on the phone he immediately started screaming at us. My husband had to hold the phone away from his head because the man was yelling so loud.
I thought we were on candid camera or something...it was very bizarre.
He did send someone out and they fixed it only after we threatened them with going to the Better Business Bureau. THEN, something else went wrong and when we called they claimed our warranty didn't cover that problem but minus the screaming that time.
We ended up calling Brevard Heating and Air to come fix it and to check Freedom's work. We ended up paying more for our A/C because Heating and Air had to fix Freedom's mess up and quoting what they said "those guys didn't put the unit in correctly".

For those of you who had them, be wary if you need something fixed. Then again, maybe they got rid of that nut and they're ok now.

I go with Brevard Heating and Air for all of our air conditioning needs now. No problems with them whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County