Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 05:51 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,682,907 times

Advertisements

Being in a lock down state currently, the only reasons I might see leaving my state would be to seek medical help in an emergency, if granted or to help another state with a job deemed necessary in this time.
I am sitting tight right where I am. As much as I want to travel now, I won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 10:49 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,170,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
Being in a lock down state currently, the only reasons I might see leaving my state would be to seek medical help in an emergency, if granted or to help another state with a job deemed necessary in this time.
I am sitting tight right where I am. As much as I want to travel now, I won't.
4 of our current cases are new arrivals from NY(only here a couple days) and 3 are in the hospital-which means serious-because most are sent home without a test and told to self quarantine and only come back if they can't breathe-so glad to hear you are looking at this in the right way. So far our great hospitals and medical staff have not lost a patient to c-19 yet but 8 are on machines.

Florida will still be here on the other side....Stay well. Think July for your next trip down. Hopefully some things will be able to be up and running by then.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:17 PM

166 posts, read 352,927 times
Sorry I am unable to edit the post. I left off "vacation." People should not be traveling now for VACATION. There are stay at home orders all over the country. Of course some people have to travel for their critical jobs and for other reasons but it's not a time to vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
People can have million legitimate reasons for traveling. Even though there are a few common reasons (vacationing, escape, sales trip) that are in observers minds, there are many other reasons too.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:22 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,775,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
Sorry I am unable to edit the post. I left off "vacation." People should not be traveling now for VACATION. There are stay at home orders all over the country. Of course some people have to travel for their critical jobs and for other reasons but it's not a time to vacation.
Agree, don't travel for vacation now. But critical in this context is often communicated as "critical" is something for society. But, what if something is critical for a person? A career move, or some external circumstance that only applies to a particular person?

Old 04-01-2020, 04:05 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,170,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Agree, don't travel for vacation now. But critical in this context is often communicated as "critical" is something for society. But, what if something is critical for a person? A career move, or some external circumstance that only applies to a particular person?
Stay at home orders in effect. Not sure what that means. Possibly more turn around at the border and not leaving the state. We will know more Predicting in peak in early May 7000 will die in Florida by the first or 2nd week. Not really a place to move to till things settle.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:46 AM

With Covid 19 seemingly fading away and traveling is picking up, I have noticed more homes going pending and closing in this neck of the woods (especially some of nicer higher priced ones, at least on my watch list). It seems like there were a lot of buyers just waiting to get out there. So it will be interesting to see if the so called predicted real estate "crash" really happens here or the market just continues to hum along nicely. I guess time will only tell in the comming months.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:41 AM

143 posts, read 133,251 times
Quote:
So it will be interesting to see if the so called predicted real estate "crash" really happens here or the market just continues to hum along nicely. I guess time will only tell in the comming months.
Out of curiosity, what exactly are the reasons to believe a crash is coming...?

I could definitely see people forecasting a plateau of flat prices / no growth, sure (they're high enough already compared to other local metrics; they can't just continue to climb and the higher they get the more likely it is that they've hit their max) ... but a crash? Interest rates are going to stay at historical lows for the forseeable future.

Old 06-25-2020, 04:10 PM

Many in the financial world had predicted a crash based on the huge amount of unemployed people and potential of more mortgages defaulting based on the inability to pay back all that was owed when they deferred their payments. If enough people default, with following short sales and foreclosures, it will drive prices down (think 2008 - 2011).
Just a thought, but not nesisarly factual. Covid is not done and now hitting this area hard. Time will tell what comes of this.

Old 06-25-2020, 05:15 PM

143 posts, read 133,251 times
I'd be surprised if the banks are stupid enough to foreclose on Covid-impacted mortgage holders. They likely have programs to help people (deferred payments, etc.) and in turn, the government will help the banks.

(I have a bunch of Brevard County properties, but no loans there; I also have a (larger) portfolio of stuff here in Canada, so my experiences with banks (all from north of the border) may not match yours, but the general concepts likely still apply )

Old 06-25-2020, 06:11 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Many in the financial world had predicted a crash based on the huge amount of unemployed people and potential of more mortgages defaulting based on the inability to pay back all that was owed when they deferred their payments. If enough people default, with following short sales and foreclosures, it will drive prices down (think 2008 - 2011).
Just a thought, but not nesisarly factual. Covid is not done and now hitting this area hard. Time will tell what comes of this.
A few things working against your theory:

1. People are getting paid with govt money/stimulus so the unemployment is less of a factor
2. Mtg deferral is fine, but if they sell now they likely still have equity since the prices haven't crashed

I know a 35 yr old guy that was under contract for a 550K house that he was currently renting. He backs out of the contract, thinking that prices will drop due to Covid. Owner gets house under contract with someone else for a couple dollars more. Renter is pissed his plan failed. Market is still hot, renter is now under pressure to find something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County