Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 11:47 AM

144 posts, read 186,381 times

Advertisements

I realize Latitude Margaritaville is in Volusa couny, but didn't know where to post this. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what both Hurricane Insurance and regular home insurance would be on a standard single family home in Margaritaville at about 2000 square feet?

Any other info you would like to provide would be greatly appreciated (i.e., real estate taxes, etc).

Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 05:24 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
[quote=WonderwomanNot;64150810]I realize Latitude Margaritaville is in Volusa couny, but didn't know where to post this. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what both Hurricane Insurance and regular home insurance would be on a standard single family home in Margaritaville at about 2000 square feet?

Any other info you would like to provide would be greatly appreciated (i.e., real estate taxes, etc).

Thank you so much[/QU

Homeowners and hurricane insurance are covered under 1 policy. They do itemize the charges for each, though, and your deduction for hurricane is a percentage rather than a set number. This year my homeowners for the hurricane part on a 1500 s; ft concrete block home 10 miles from the beach in Brevard county was $2500 and 2100 for regular homeowners. It will only cover $190,000 for complete loss. Not sure where they came up with the numbers because it is hastily found insurance when old insurance went into receivership and state shut them down. A new house is cheaper to insure than older homes like ours. (1984). I think there is a $500 fee just because of the year. Of course insurance will cost more or less depending on what is insured( content, medical, liability, jewelry, antigues, fences,out buildings, block or wood frame house etc), wind mitigation, and how much coverage you buy. I think our content was for only $70,000 with this policy. Very few insurance companies that are national like Allstate, State Farm, Farmers etc will write policies on the coast so you end up with companies you never heard of and pray theu will be solvent enough to pay if you ever need them.

Depending on the area you might need flood insurance also.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:35 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Are you saying your total premium for both policies is $4600? Thanks.

Old 09-18-2022, 05:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Are you saying your total premium for both policies is $4600? Thanks.
Yes. It is that much this year. Went up $1500 since fall 2021.
Put a new roof on this month and upgraded the hurricane straps on the roof so hoping we can get it reduced. Mitigation for new roof passed but not on the hurricane straps that were supposed to be upgraded. Inspector said only some were done. Ugh Now they will have to redo by taking off the facia. We paid for almost 20 hours additional labor when they did the roof to remove and replace plywood to get to the fastenings.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:41 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Yes. It is that much this year. Went up $1500 since fall 2021.
Put a new roof on this month and upgraded the hurricane straps on the roof so hoping we can get it reduced. Mitigation for new roof passed but not on the hurricane straps that were supposed to be upgraded. Inspector said only some were done. Ugh Now they will have to redo by taking off the facia. We paid for almost 20 hours additional labor when they did the roof to remove and replace plywood to get to the fastenings.
May I ask who did the roof? I remember we touched on that need a while back. It stinks when you ask,pay for and not get what is expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County