Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be any accountability for displacement of wildlife when green space is rapidly eaten up
Yes, whoever orders the bulldozers in. 0 0%
Yes, the Town (in this case) should monitor loss of green space. 0 0%
Nobody cares about nature when there's money to be made. 0 0%
It's nobody's responsibility to be concerned about the wildlife. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,398 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
This is my first time here, so if I post in the wrong place or something, please kindly let me know.
Right now what I'm looking for is the most current population data in Hamburg, NY. I'd like to see the changes over the past 20 years or so. Another important thing would be housing information over the same approximate time, meaning how much housing is there now, whether apartments or houses, as opposed to the past several years - I'd love something that has graphs, if possible.
I don't know if I'm asking all of the correct information yet, but basically I've noticed a LOT of building going on, many housing developments, apartments, condos, patio homes - you name it. It's as if the powers that be are opposed to leaving any GREEN SPACE here! It's insane! How does one ask for a moratorium on any further building in the Town of Hamburg?
I ask because, as I feared, an apartment complex is going up directly behind my house, but several years ago someone tried to start one and had to stop bulldozing as there is a wetland area behind this subdivision.
So what does one do in a situation such as this?
There's some kind of meeting at the town hall tonight, but if we go, we're apparently not allowed to speak - only listen. I wouldn't have known anything at all was going on if a neighbor hadn't seen the surveyors in his yard recently. (They are traipsing around in my yard today. ) He also showed us a blueprint of all the buildings, dumpster area - the whole thing - that's being built, starting very soon apparently.
Who will listen to us? Will it matter at this point??
Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area