Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitelyrestless View Post
Indeed, Williamsville is where I wound up. I move into my new place this weekend. The place is off Wehrle, between Cayuga and S Union. Really nice upper/lower. So if you see a green GMC with TX custom plates rolling around the village, feel free to say Hi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM

196 posts, read 442,964 times
Good deal...and welcome back to buffalo. And thanks for the keeping the economy going!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:41 PM

719 posts, read 1,552,899 times
UPDATE....
So I've been back now about a year and 3 months. Just moved from Williamsville (Wherle/Union) to East Amherst (Transit/Roll Rd 14051 zip, Williamsville schools, Clarence town services) - sorry Genoobie, no city living still. Out of the apartment and into a 3br single family ranch w/2 car garage, hardwoods, fireplace and full dry basement! Couldn't be happier! I will say the traffic on Transit is an annoyance, but on the flip side it's nice to have every store / service you can think of in a 1 mile or less drive. I can even walk to 7-11.
I was a bit surprised that I have to pay separately for garbage pickup / recycling. I thought Amherst had me covered but I'm actually Clarence for that. I went with Waste Management and it costs approx $30/mo. There are 2 other companies that serve Clarence for this (BFI and Modern, I think)
My car insurnace actually dropped a couple bucks by moving from 14221 to 14051. That was nice.
Friendly neighbor next door offered me firewood from his barn.
So the bottom line is I'm still very happy I moved "home" and just thought I'd throw out this update, and hopefully a little useful info, since it's been a while since I "checked in"
Cheers!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD_JT_14221 View Post
I will say the traffic on Transit is an annoyance, but on the flip side it's nice to have every store / service you can think of in a 1 mile or less drive.
At least it is scenic and you can get pizza, subs, and wings every 69 feet if you wanted them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area