Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM

165 posts, read 662,025 times

Advertisements

I have to spend some time digesting this, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,212,389 times
Attachment...

Attached Thumbnails
BUFFALO Forum-untitlednyc1.jpg  

Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
I have to spend some time digesting this, thanks.
You're very welcome. I don't mind the research.

Much of what I posted was probably mixing apples and oranges, but it gives a rough picture of how us "upstaters" always get less from our State. Much of the difference that has to be made up in Erie County results in higher (or newly created) taxes.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Administrators, we have LOTS of Western NY talk. We could use our own forum. There are 8 counties designated "Western NY"; by the time you go through the other parts of the state, you are into 10 pages to find posts about WNY!!!!!!

Please give us our due. We may not have the population of the other subforums, but we have peple who want info, who want to talk, etc....

Time for our own forum!!
Here, here. I agree. I'm 450 miles from the Statue of Liberty. We over here are home of the Bills, Sabres, Bisons, General Mills, Niagara Falls, etc. etc. etc. Historical - Buffalo was the last stop on the Underground Railroad due to the closeness to Canada.

In a compromise, I'd settle for an "upstate" subforum for the Central New Yorkers so as long as we can stand out a little more that New York State is more than NYC!

Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Here, here. I agree. I'm 450 miles from the Statue of Liberty. We over here are home of the Bills, Sabres, Bisons, General Mills, Niagara Falls, etc. etc. etc. Historical - Buffalo was the last stop on the Underground Railroad due to the closeness to Canada.

In a compromise, I'd settle for an "upstate" subforum for the Central New Yorkers so as long as we can stand out a little more that New York State is more than NYC!
YES! You took the words out of my mouth. Most of the posts here are from WNYers anyhow...

Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
YES! You took the words out of my mouth. Most of the posts here are from WNYers anyhow...
I have to spread some pos rep to others before giving to you again but you're right. In the past few weeks that I've been posting here, I see more & more threads created from people seeking information of our area because they are moving into the Buffalo/WNY region.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:44 PM

58 posts, read 324,904 times
I want a Buffalo forum too! Buffalo has so much to offer, and I'm tired of all the negative rumors out there posted by people who have either never been here for a good amount of time or who simply want to be bitter for the sake of it.

Getting a forum isn't about boosting Buffalo's self confidence. We already have that. We just need the room to spread the word. There's more to NY than NYC.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM

6 posts, read 60,587 times
Slam your own school people. We all think we can do things better. Politcs are policts.

Do we "really" have a choice!!!! Black preisent or a woman president? That is what is going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capjmp2 View Post
Slam your own school people. We all think we can do things better. Politcs are policts.
I am not trying to offend any race or gender, however let us face the facts. It is a Ms. America pagent.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 01-05-2008 at 10:14 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 09:47 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynn83 View Post
I want a Buffalo forum too! Buffalo has so much to offer, and I'm tired of all the negative rumors out there posted by people who have either never been here for a good amount of time or who simply want to be bitter for the sake of it.

Getting a forum isn't about boosting Buffalo's self confidence. We already have that. We just need the room to spread the word. There's more to NY than NYC.
OTOH, if there is an upstate forum, we need to leave out the Capital District.... if you saw the papers last week, Spitzer is throwing money left and right at Albany/Schenectedy/Troy and also ( as always) NYC. Again, we get the dregs from Albany......... Good thing we have the great people!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Yeah, I was wondering why Buffalo didn't have its own section.

And this is a section?
Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area - City-Data Forum: Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area